Bing & Bao, Jianbing and Steamed Buns in Falls Church

I didn’t see a topic here on it, so I thought I’d make one. Namely, I’ve visited Bing & Bao (https://www.bingandbao.com) a couple times and so far, I like what I’ve had.

It’s a small joint specializing in, as the name says, jianbing and baozi. Each time I’ve gone, I’ve gotten pretty traditional jianbing (second time, a two-egg one because...egg good) and I’ve been satisfied each time. one can definitely fill you up!

I also tried the veggie bao and thought it was good, but the main attraction for me is the jianbing. From what I can tell they use the mung bean and millet batter that I’ve always liked the best in the limited amount of jianbing I’ve tried. (I’m sure someone more knowledgeable than me can inform me on what part of China that is common in.)

It’s located in the Idylwood Plaza center with the Whole Foods just south of the Beltway on 7. I recommend stopping by if you are in the neighborhood and trying it out. 

• Like 3

We've also tried it a few times over the last few weeks, and have been really happy. The Bing are great, filling and flavorful. The bao for us are a bit more mixed; we like the juicy pork and the veggie, but found the fancy beef to be somewhat unbalanced, with too much onion (and perhaps white pepper) in the mix. The shredded potato salad is awesome, and the seaweed salad is solid.

• Like 1