Turkey Breast

MarkS

Dull as it is, I probably eat turkey breast 4-5 days each week on top of a salad.  Even more on weekends when it is warm outside, a turkey rollup is my go to while sailing.  I typically buy and Like Trader Joes all natural Turkey Breast, very think sliced and low salt while full of flavor.  This is typically found near the cooked chicken strips and fresh meats, not in the deli area.

I recently tried using instacart to deliver Turkey Breast from Wegmans and the Fresh Market.  Both were major disappointments as they were salt bombs and thin sliced.  Fake Turkey.

What is you go to Turkey Breast.?

1 hour ago, MarkS said:

Dull as it is, I probably eat turkey breast 4-5 days each week on top of a salad.  Even more on weekends when it is warm outside, a turkey rollup is my go to while sailing.  I typically buy and Like Trader Joes all natural Turkey Breast, very think sliced and low salt while full of flavor.  This is typically found near the cooked chicken strips and fresh meats, not in the deli area.

I recently tried using instacart to deliver Turkey Breast from Wegmans and the Fresh Market.  Both were major disappointments as they were salt bombs and thin sliced.  Fake Turkey.

What is you go to Turkey Breast.?

Years ago I would get fresh sliced from Whole Paycheck.  Would then make tonnato sauce for it- so not really sure how low sodium when I got done with it!  But at the time I was purchasing it, it did not have that pressed turkey feel.  Not sure how things are these days, but it was good back then.

On 1/13/2021 at 10:13 AM, MarkS said:

I typically buy and Like Trader Joes all natural Turkey Breast, very think sliced and low salt while full of flavor.

I like that too. We just finished the last of what we had and I haven't gone into a store in months, so we won't be restocking for a while. I don't really have a substitute, unfortunately.

Should have replied earlier.  If you have the patience for the process, look up recipes for Torrisi Turkey.  I think I used the NYT recipe as I figured it would be the most authentic (NYT also has the technique), but maybe it is not the best.  With your sv gadget you could just put the breast in the sealed bag and skip all the mummifying.  There are tons of copy cat recipes.  Hope you had good luck in the meantime.

• Like 1