Soluble Fluid Rose

saf

So, a friend was looking at a recipe in an older edition of "The Betty Crocker Cooky Book," called "Egyptian Rose Leaves." She wants to make it. It requires something called "Soluble Fluid Rose" to flavor it, and the book insists that rose water will not work. Supposedly you get it from a pharmacist. Well, she has had no luck finding it. (She's in OK.) I have had no luck finding it. I talked to my favorite pharmacist. He thinks I am nuts, has never heard of it, and could not find it by searching his resources. (To be fair, he thought I was nuts before this request.)

Internet searches have not brought up anything really useful.

We submitted the question to "Ask Betty" at the Betty Crocker website. No reply. Hmph.

(She really likes strong rose flavors. She is always disappointed when we go into a bubble tea place and they don't have rose tea. I don't get it, but whatever.)

I found the recipe online, but it clearly comes from a later edition of the book and has an option for rose water. She will probably try it that way if we can't find the original ingredient, but it would be nice to try it as written.

Any thoughts on resources?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dracisk said:

Maybe a specialty pharmacy? I used to go to Grubb's in Dupont. Or a Middle Eastern bakery?

Hm. I was considering checking at Rodman's next week when I am up that way. I will also be in Dupont this week. Although they seem to be very specialized in meds. I will call them. Thanks!

Middle Eastern Bakery - huh, the boy has to go to the allergist this week, and that's up by Shemali's. I shall send him in there. Otherwise, guess it will have to wait until we get out to VA to Mediterranean Bakery.

Good ideas. Thanks!

• Like 1

Went on their site.  Edible Perfume Spray sounded funny, but can get pricey.  None the less, it is fun to look around on.  Got some Sunday funday planned!  Virtual shopping for things you do not buy.  COVID exercise.  Thanks for the link!