Cracked Eggery - Egg Sandwiches and Tater Tots Opening in Cleveland Park and Shaw

Excited we'll have another brick & mortar space filled in CP and with a business that already has a following (that always have people waiting for sandwiches on Saturday morning), but I don't get this part of the article:

"A second fast-casual restaurant—open for lunch and dinner, though not 3 AM cravings—is slated for Cleveland Park this spring" - why would you not open a place known for egg breakfast sandwiches during breakfast time? Seems really odd. They do say that the restaurant menus may vary more so maybe it will be a slightly different concept.

I have never tried their stuff as I usually just make my own eggs, but I was intrigued by some of their menu choices - like which sandwiches come with scrambled vs. fried eggs. Anyone know if they'll customize and let you pick which type of egg for your sandwich?

Stopped by Cracked Eggery yesterday for breakfast to go. I enjoyed the Bubby - egg over hard, smoked salmon, everything spice cream cheese, caper tapenade on "challah" roll. The challah roll was rich and good but I put quotes as it seemed more like brioche - buttery rich. The sandwich was good and very filling. I'll have to try some more options in the future. Very friendly service and quick - only 5 min wait. This was my first time eating their food so per my comment above, I anticipated wrongly that the fried eggs would be more over easy to get that runny egg goodness. Granted that would be much messier to eat but I plan to ask next time if it was a option.

• Like 1