What does "bougie" mean?

Aspirational, swanky, expensive, over the top - at least in urban dictionary terms. As in, "The mere mention of the price for this bougie meal will trigger derision on Dr.com"...

Hey, I kid, I kid.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, LauraB said:

I have to assume it’s a shorter name for ‘bourgeois’. If you’re not familiar with the term, you can google it.

That's my assumption as well but it makes no sense to ask for a middle-class meal.  

Found this https://www.usatoday.com/story/college/2017/06/30/what-youre-really-saying-when-you-call-something-bougie/37433439/

14 hours ago, Ericandblueboy said:

I see people on FB (in the DC Foodies group) asking for recommendation for bougie meals.  What does bougie mean in this context?  I googled and can't find a satisfactory explanation.  

Benefits of having a post, but near-teen child - I know this one.  It means exactly what @Keithstg said.  If you want to see it's use in the wild, can I recommend this song, which really pushed up the term's usage by being repeated on TikTok approximately 47 million times an hour last summer.  Just imagine yourself trying to do some goofy dance in front of a phone recording you to get the real picture.  It does contain some foul language, so don't view if you're easily offended or under the age of 18.  Nowhere near as foul as her duet with Cardi B.  Don't google that one if you're at work.