I was a little surprised not to find a thread for this one - maybe I missed it? Got takeout on the recommendation of a friend and also the sudden appearance in the #1 spot on Tim Carman's list of best BBQ. The restaurant is tucked away on a corner near the railroad tracks in "downtown" Riverdale, on the other side of the tracks from the little shopping center where I think the farmer's market is held. A little difficult to navigate with the purple line construction and changing traffic directions in this neighborhood.

We pre-ordered online the day before, as I have been told they tend to sell out quickly for same-day orders. Our order was Wagyu brisket gold label, pulled pork, chicken leg quarter, with sides of caramelized pineapple and cornbread. Apparently the menu changes daily. All of the meats were moist and tender, there were a few small containers of sauce which had a nice spiciness and wasn't overly sweet. I had the pulled pork, which had an excellent smokey flavor. The Wagyu beef came as two larger slices with a thick fat layer on top, and also a small end piece for tasting.

The sides were more mixed than the meats. The caramelized pineapple was basically cold chunks of pineapple in a sugary syrup with cinnamon - we ended up doctoring this into a pineapple salsa because no one wanted to eat sweet pineapple cubes. The cornbread was very moist and cakey in texture.

The restaurant has limited seating inside and one or two picnic tables outdoors, which were full of people on a chilly spring day. If you are able to plan ahead, this location is well worth the effort.

• Like 4

I have really been enjoying the BBQ from 2Fifty.  Tonight, we had the St. Louis pork ribs, Wagyu brisket, a side of corn bread, and the key lime pie.  Both the brisket and rib meat are very moist, and I enjoyed the smokiness of the ribs.  The sauce (which comes in small containers) is not overly sweet and enhance the flavor of the meat.  It has been some of the best BBQ I have had in a long time.  There is a parking lot across the street that was quite full.  It also looked like the outdoor dining was doing brisk business, with a lot more foot traffic than I remember from my college days in College Park.  This is now our go to place for BBQ!

• Like 1

It is well priced.  We enjoyed a good sized order with two friends and three kids.  They did very well with organizing a take out order- pre-ordered the day before.  I did buy some Martin's buns for the pulled type food.   They are definitely worth a try.