Belcampo: ‘farm to door’ butcher admits misrepresenting origins of meat

Poivrot Farci

Food fraud is pervasive to the point of banality.  If there was stock in food integrity, producers and consumers in the US would demand AOC/DOP/PGI/ETC... equivalencies to protect the sanctity of what is being sold and eaten for human sustenance and gustatorial pleasure.  We seem to value inedible consumer goods more than the necessity of food.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/may/27/santa-monica-purveyor-admits-mislabeling-meats

• Sad 1

with this in mind some of the rhapsodic reviews like the one below are pretty funny. Sometimes the emperor has no clothes. TBH, I feel that this happens with a lot of "premium" offerings, that the people think it will taste better, so to them it does. 

"Before eating Belcampo beef, I really don't know what the heck I was eating for 50 years. You can almost taste the nutrition in the richness of its' juices, as they permeate and become at one with the salivary flowing juices of my own. The experience is divine! This is truly a beef of substance, for anybody to say otherwise is blasphemy."

"This butcher shop serves only the highest in quality meat! Man after eating one of their tomahawk steaks you don't feel tired or sluggish because their cows aren't fed corn!!! This is the best example of from farm to table as it gets"

"Prices were a bit higher than buying your meat at grocery stores, but you could tell a huge difference in quality and freshness, very much worth the occasional splurge."

• Haha 2

On 6/4/2021 at 11:33 AM, sandynva said:

with this in mind some of the rhapsodic reviews like the one below are pretty funny. Sometimes the emperor has no clothes. TBH, I feel that this happens with a lot of "premium" offerings, that the people think it will taste better, so to them it does. 

"Before eating Belcampo beef, I really don't know what the heck I was eating for 50 years. You can almost taste the nutrition in the richness of its' juices, as they permeate and become at one with the salivary flowing juices of my own. The experience is divine! This is truly a beef of substance, for anybody to say otherwise is blasphemy."

"This butcher shop serves only the highest in quality meat! Man after eating one of their tomahawk steaks you don't feel tired or sluggish because their cows aren't fed corn!!! This is the best example of from farm to table as it gets"

"Prices were a bit higher than buying your meat at grocery stores, but you could tell a huge difference in quality and freshness, very much worth the occasional splurge."

Let me guess: These are written by "influencers?"