Limoncello Italian Restaurant Locust Point

I found Limoncello on Opentable.  I know nothing about the place but the menu included pasta with sea urchin.  Further digging found it's in the top 50 restaurants according to Baltimore Magazine.  So I took a chance and booked a table.

Upon arrival, I was told by our server that Limoncello is an authentic Italian restaurant, that the owners are from Italy.  I thought I had hit the jackpot.

Alas, the restaurant still has to cater to its base (I'm guessing).

Grilled shrimp - totally overcooked.  Fritto Misto was actually very good, nicely seasoned cod and calamari with crispy batter, but the shrimp was a little overcooked.

We ordered 3 pastas.  Paccheri Medusa - sea urchin, cherry tomatoes, blue crab.  Nice al dente pasta, but there's not even a hint of sea urchin flavor.  The crab was plentiful but dry.  There's barely any sauce on the pasta.  We ate very little of this dish.  Linguine Vongole & Arugula - overcooked pasta but the sauce is flavorful.  It would've been really good if they cooked the pasta al dente.  A Genovese - pasta with braised beef and caramelized onion ragu.  Again, overcooked pasta dragged down a lovely sauce.  

So they did not execute properly on a majority of the dishes.  What a shame.

IMG_5292.jpg

IMG_5293.jpg

IMG_5294.jpg

IMG_5295.jpg