Incheon - Seven course Korean Tasting Menu on Columbia Pike in Annandale

A quick decision to visit Incheon a couple of weeks ago.  Impressions from the dinner.

Seven courses: Different takes on traditional Korean food. Some were quite good (Haemul) made with (Bai Top) sea snail.  Not traditional, but very tasty.

Most interesting course: NY Strip steak nicely rare and very tender with goguma puree.  Totally unexpected and almost mee-guk in presentation.  Came late in the dinner courses which was a shame because we couldn't finish it.

We left pondering;, "how long can you serve the same menu before running out of clientele?"  We asked the chef how often the menu would change but really didn't get a definite answer.

Venue is nicely done and the graphics projected on the walls was interesting but I'm not sure exactly why it was done.

Overall impression: Depending on how often the menu changes (or is modified to offer ala carte options in addition to the tasting menu) will receive another visit.

Incheon menu.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Escoffier said:

A quick decision to visit Incheon a couple of weeks ago.  Impressions from the dinner.

Thanks for sharing, the menu does look good. I would agree they will need to either change the menu regularly or offer other options. Interesting note: I was up in Rhode Island recently and had a nice order of snail salad from Twin's Pizza. It's made with sea snails aka whelk aka scungilli. (I.e., it's an italian or at least an italo-american dish up there) This Korean dish is the FIRST time I have seen anything close anywhere outside RI. 

On 7/11/2021 at 10:30 AM, Bob Wells said:

Thanks for sharing, the menu does look good. I would agree they will need to either change the menu regularly or offer other options. Interesting note: I was up in Rhode Island recently and had a nice order of snail salad from Twin's Pizza. It's made with sea snails aka whelk aka scungilli. (I.e., it's an italian or at least an italo-american dish up there) This Korean dish is the FIRST time I have seen anything close anywhere outside RI. 

Sea snail is quite common (well, not every day but now and then) in Korean cuisine. If you'd like to pick some up, H-Mart has Bai Top on the shelf. 

• Like 1