https://www.oaksteakhouserestaurant.com/alexandria-menus/

Hubby and I went to Oak Steakhouse the other night.  Surprisingly it was our first time there.  We thought about getting fancy steak, but Hubby felt like steak frites, and there was a halibut with curry sauce that sounded great.  So we went off script. Glasses of wine, as we didn't really want to go all out. But we were celebrating a good day of work for me with a nice dinner.

Hubby's steak frites was likely 6 oz steak and a huge pile of fries.  The fries were good, I stole many.  The steak had good flavor, I just had a bite.  I am interested in getting a good steak next time around, looked good.

BUT... my halibut was great.  It was crispy on the outside but tender and flaky inside.  It was served with forbidden rice, red curry sauce, green papaya and nam prik.  It was really delicious.  Honestly, it will be hard not to order it again.  Hubby thought it was spicy, I didn't really think it was spicy, but the rice was cooked well, I dipped lots of fries in the curry sauce too.  I loved it.

We also were given a side of brussels with apple cider soy caramel sauce with crispy shallots, and man they were great.  REALLY sauced and carmelized, but I liked them a lot.  Hubby also was a huge fan. I am sure these are not low calorie Brussel sprouts, but man, delicious umami, sweet with a hint of salty. Loved them!

Anyway, not cheap, but very good, and very nice service.  Halibut was def worth it.

• Like 6