Meal for 5 in 14th and U St area on Thursday

DrXmus

So,  besides there being a pandemic lately, I’ve been mostly holed up in the VA suburbs and haven’t been into DC for much at all for several years. We happen to be going to The Gibson for a release party for a gin I had a hand in developing (Mt. Defiance Gin Nouveau) on the 28th. We’ll be kicked out for the next seating at 8 and would like to eat nearby. I’m a bit overwhelmed just looking at Google Maps, and I figure you all know much more than most, so I’m asking for your help.

Requirements: 5-6 adults, not crazy expensive, a couple of non-adventurous eaters, more alcohol is rarely a bad thing, 8-8:30 seating, safe walking distance from U and 14th.

In my novice Google search, I came up with Lupo Verde, Lupo Pizza, Estadio, Gypsy Kitchen.

What thoughts do you all have? Thanks tons in advance!!

10 hours ago, DrXmus said:

So,  besides there being a pandemic lately, I’ve been mostly holed up in the VA suburbs and haven’t been into DC for much at all for several years. We happen to be going to The Gibson for a release party for a gin I had a hand in developing (Mt. Defiance Gin Nouveau) on the 28th. We’ll be kicked out for the next seating at 8 and would like to eat nearby. I’m a bit overwhelmed just looking at Google Maps, and I figure you all know much more than most, so I’m asking for your help.

Requirements: 5-6 adults, not crazy expensive, a couple of non-adventurous eaters, more alcohol is rarely a bad thing, 8-8:30 seating, safe walking distance from U and 14th.

In my novice Google search, I came up with Lupo Verde, Lupo Pizza, Estadio, Gypsy Kitchen.

What thoughts do you all have? Thanks tons in advance!!

In our experience Estadio never disappoints.  We have a subscription to Studio Theatre so we get to Estadio about 5 times a year.  Lupo Pizza is very good, but the space is rather small.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1