Prubechu - Guamanian Restaurant in the Mission

Our final meal on our west coast swing was at Prubechu in the Mission. It's a relatively new Guamanian restaurant in Mission. I heard about it only from some internet searches, it's appearance in the Eater 38, and the fact that they had reservations available when I was finalizing my plans. Going in I had no idea what to expect in terms of type of food, etc, but it ended up being a spectacular meal, and one that we enjoyed greatly. 

First, as of right now they are only seating people outdoors in their parking lot. They have a nice set-up out there, with heaters, but it was very cold and windy last weekend, and we definitely needed the long-sleeved shirts and coats we were wearing. 

The service and the food, however, were both fantastic. We ordered the following things:

Iceberg Wedge with Wasabi Ranch - This was outstanding, to the point where I reverse engineered it upon arriving home. Spicy, crunchy, delicious all around. 

Lechen Birenghenas - This was a barbecued eggplant dish with coconut milk and soy sauce, and was nearly the texture of babaganoush, although it held together a bit more. It was fantastic. 

Gulf Shrimp Kelaguen & Coconut Tityas - There is a section of their menu devoted to different dishes served with a sort of flatbread. We got this one, which was a very flavorful and nice shrimp ceviche with coconut milk. 

Ko'Ko' Wings - Spiced, battered and fried. Really good. Paired well with the wasabi ranch from the earlier dish. 

BBQ Pork Ribs - Delicious. We got the Dinache hot sauce, which was similar to a sambal, which worked great with these and gave them some heat. 

All around, fantastic and interesting meal. We weren't really sure what we were getting with any of the dishes as they came out, but they were all wonderful. Servers were knowledgeable about the menu, and were helpful in advising us on our order. We'd definitely return. 

• Like 2

Previous thread:

We went a couple of weeks ago.  We must have gotten lucky on the weather because the space heaters were plenty to keep us warm in the outdoor seating.  Might legitimately be my favorite restaurant in SF.  The wings were a new menu item and...wow.  Dry-fried, spicy, numbing, insanely crispy, juicy, just incredible.  The kitchen is firing on all cylinders, go go go.

On 7/10/2022 at 1:04 PM, edenman said:

Previous thread:

We went a couple of weeks ago.  We must have gotten lucky on the weather because the space heaters were plenty to keep us warm in the outdoor seating.  Might legitimately be my favorite restaurant in SF.  The wings were a new menu item and...wow.  Dry-fried, spicy, numbing, insanely crispy, juicy, just incredible.  The kitchen is firing on all cylinders, go go go.

Sorry I missed your earlier post! Agree on the wings. So good. Everything was so good. I'd love to go with a group to cover everything on the menu.