Las Vegas dinner

Choirgirl21

This is a few years out of date, but I had a great and interesting meal at Lotus of Siam (Northern Thai).   https://lotusofsiamlv.com/

It's off the strip, and I think the prices were reasonable/normal.  The online menu doesn't have prices for some reason.  I think I heard about this place via Antony Bourdain and more recently Padma Lakshmi.   My recollection is that we had some sort of chef's meal or something were we didn't have to order individual plates, but I don't see anything like that in their online menu.

Lotus of Siam, Raku, and Chengdu Taste are our go-tos for authentic Asian food off-strip. Lotus of Siam still has their chef's meal which is something like a "best hits" tasting menu as of a few months ago. Just a note that some of their dishes with higher-end ingredients and higher price tags, such as their Garlic Prawns and Crispy Duck Khao Soi are on that menu (not that they aren't worthwhile, but just a warning in case you're looking for something more moderately priced).

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Shaho said:

Lotus of Siam, Raku, and Chengdu Taste are our go-tos for authentic Asian food off-strip. Lotus of Siam still has their chef's meal which is something like a "best hits" tasting menu as of a few months ago. Just a note that some of their dishes with higher-end ingredients and higher price tags, such as their Garlic Prawns and Crispy Duck Khao Soi are on that menu (not that they aren't worthwhile, but just a warning in case you're looking for something more moderately priced).

I'll third Lotus of Siam. Fantastic place, wine list is still excellent. For my money the best off-strip option. May also want to check out Eater Las Vegas - one of the better updated Eater sites and will have Henderson recommendations as well.

I'll also back Lotus of Siam.  I ate there last week and had a great meal.  We really liked the Nam Kao Tod appetizer and getting the crispy duck as a protein option (for a pretty big upcharge) with some of the other dishes instead of having it as a main meal.  I'd been to the old spot about 15 years ago based on reviews from this site and am happy I got back 

I wasn't able to make it to the places you recommended, but passing them along to the friend who lives there and also making a note for our next trip.

We did have an outstanding meal at Esther's Kitchen:

https://www.estherslv.com/

Farm to table Italian food, everything was incredibly delicious, portions are generous, and service was very good. Highly recommend. 

• Like 2