Suggestions for Bethesda lunch

Pool Boy

A few of my friends get together on a regular basis about every month or two. With folks coming from Frederick, MD, Laurel, Silver Spring and Arlington, we've settled on BEthesda generally being the mutually agreeable central location.

Anyway, it's been about 6 years since I worked in Bethesda. Last time we made it to Black's Bar & Kitchen. It fit the bill because they serve lunch, there's a reasonably wide range of food and price points (one vegetarian in the group), and they have an OK selection for wine, whiskey and other adult beverages. It's a group of 4 so easy enough to find a table generally.

I wanted to try something different but have no current suggested places that fit the bill. So the only requirements are - can handle a 4-top, decent selection of food at a few price points, have at least some vegetarian, and ideally a 'good' selection of whiskeys, wine and beer, but certainly at least average.  No real limit of cuisine or style of food, ideally that should be tasty. We usually hang out for about 3 hours kibbitzing and catching up.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

11 hours ago, Pool Boy said:

A few of my friends get together on a regular basis about every month or two. With folks coming from Frederick, MD, Laurel, Silver Spring and Arlington, we've settled on BEthesda generally being the mutually agreeable central location.

Anyway, it's been about 6 years since I worked in Bethesda. Last time we made it to Black's Bar & Kitchen. It fit the bill because they serve lunch, there's a reasonably wide range of food and price points (one vegetarian in the group), and they have an OK selection for wine, whiskey and other adult beverages. It's a group of 4 so easy enough to find a table generally.

I wanted to try something different but have no current suggested places that fit the bill. So the only requirements are - can handle a 4-top, decent selection of food at a few price points, have at least some vegetarian, and ideally a 'good' selection of whiskeys, wine and beer, but certainly at least average.  No real limit of cuisine or style of food, ideally that should be tasty. We usually hang out for about 3 hours kibbitzing and catching up.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Woodmont Grill could be an option, across the street.

Barrel and Crow is local and a better adult beverage selection.

Bacchus has good food but the wine selection is 80's corporate.

Been a rough decade for Bethesda higher end dining.

• Like 1