The Amazing mktye

Meaghan

You are all very welcome and thank you for the kind words.

Don't say "us" - this is 100% you.
But it definitely is an "us". cjsadler has done his share in creation of the index (especially with the wrangling of threads into some semblance of order) and MBK was kind enough to give it a final once-over before I posted it. I really appreciate their help and input. :lol:

P.S. And a big "Thank You" to Miss Meaghan for pointing out the control + F tip. I'd forgotten to note that!

No kidding! That is amazing. So comprehensive. Thank you.
This index is a thing of beauty, just this AM Waitman and I were searching for an item and couldn't find it with the search function but voila! control F at the index brought it right up.

Thanks mktye and everyone associated with this undertaking.

But it definitely is an "us". cjsadler has done his share in creation of the index (especially with the wrangling of threads into some semblance of order) and MBK was kind enough to give it a final once-over before I posted it. I really appreciate their help and input. :lol:

Quit trying to be polite (at least in my case). mktye did a huge amount of work, creating this all by herself. Great job!

My hat is off to MKTYE! She IS a wonderful human being.

I'm only going to buy that because there isn't a good quality Cylon test yet. I also think it's kind of funny that she won't say, "you will be assimilated" when you ask her to. Perhaps she has something to hide? Hmmmmm? I'm watching you, mktye. One day we'll know for sure. In the meantime, great work on the index. Even if it is just part of your cover. :lol:

(mktye @ Feb 10 2007, 12:09 PM) *

But it definitely is an "us". cjsadler has done his share in creation of the index (especially with the wrangling of threads into some semblance of order) and MBK was kind enough to give it a final once-over before I posted it. I really appreciate their help and input. smile.gif

(cjsadler) Quit trying to be polite (at least in my case). mktye did a huge amount of work, creating this all by herself. Great job!

In my case too ... I did nothing more than a quick edit. mktye is an organizational genius!

I want to put another word of praise in for mktye. I might be the impetus behind this website, but make no mistake about it: mktye spends more time working behind the scenes than I do, ensuring things run smoothly. She now handles all the membership work, which is incredibly time-consuming and tedious - ask hillvalley, who singlehandedly did the first 1000+ members (and is very much appreciated too, by the way). mktye also does all the tedious work organizing the dining guide, which requires a fair amount of time each month. Though she'll deny it, I estimate that she puts in a good 10-15 hours a week working behind the scenes here, and I don't have anything to pay her with; all I can do is take her out to an occasional meal. She asks nothing in return, saying "a job well-done is reward enough."

If you all enjoy this website, please pass on a word of thanks to mktye, without whom this place would be a rag-tag, patchwork nightmare. I don't know how I could ever replace her.

There are plenty of other people who have done an awful lot of work here over the past couple of years without much of anything in return - hillvalley and crackers in particular have labored for hour-upon-hour in the past - but right now, I want mktye to get her proper due. THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!

I want to put another word of praise in for mktye. I might be the impetus behind this website, but make no mistake about it: mktye spends more time working behind the scenes than I do, ensuring things run smoothly. She now handles all the membership work, which is incredibly time-consuming and tedious - ask hillvalley, who singlehandedly did the first 1000+ members (and is very much appreciated too, by the way). mktye also does all the tedious work organizing the dining guide, which requires a fair amount of time each month. Though she'll deny it, I estimate that she puts in a good 10-15 hours a week working behind the scenes here, and I don't have anything to pay her with; all I can do is take her out to an occasional meal. She asks nothing in return, saying "a job well-done is reward enough."

If you all enjoy this website, please pass on a word of thanks to mktye, without whom this place would be a rag-tag, patchwork nightmare. I don't know how I could ever replace her.

There are plenty of other people who have done an awful lot of work here over the past couple of years without much of anything in return - hillvalley and crackers in particular have labored for hour-upon-hour in the past - but right now, I want mktye to get her proper due. THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!

Amen.

She's also one of the best friends a girl could have. :blink:

I will 2nd, 3rd, and 4th this! I posted in one of the pizza threads thanking her for her two stone suggestion, and she graciously sends me a PM with some tips, and when I asked her about some of the ingredients she uses, she not only replied with that info, but also sent me her entire pizza recipe!

Above and beyond I tells ya!

Thanks again for the kind words -- they really mean a lot to me. :blink:

Today is a personal milestone... I started doing membership 17 Aug 06 and just in the last ten minutes validated my 1000th membership. Looking forward to DR.com hitting 2000 total members soon!

Today is a personal milestone... I started doing membership 17 Aug 06 and just in the last ten minutes validated my 1000th membership. Looking forward to DR.com hitting 2000 total members soon!

That is seriously a lot of work. Thanks so much for helping DR reach that milestone.

Mwah! mktye

May you be here to validate the next 1000.

Thanks for your hard work and great baking hints.

You are a goddess*.

Stephanie

*and deserve to be in Pantheon with Hill & Crackers

Thanks again for the kind words -- they really mean a lot to me. :P

So how many loaves of bread have you baked while you were validating all those new members :blink:

Thanks for all you do, so quietly and efficiently (and invisibly)!

Others on this board have offered up their time to help make this board what it is. But until you enter the vortex of membership registration, you have no idea how much work is involved. Dealing with people who can't get on line fast enough, nagging people who don't seem to follow through with the process (you know who you are and you owe mktye an apology), and ensuring that you are who claim to be (or is that whom, I don't know), you have no idea how much work goes into the process.

When I was membership director Don once directed you all to buy me a drink the next time you see me as thanks for my work (there are a few who still owe me :blink:.

Just a drink won't do for mktye.

mktye has just spent four hours straight working on updating the dining guides.

This website would grind to a halt without her help.

And she never asks for a thing.

So I'll write a poem:

mktye is

better than

McDonald's

she works hard;

they serve

processed food

from many

different cows

and their

fries are