The Birchmere, Mount Vernon Avenue in Del Ray

7 minutes ago, dcs said:

The Birchmere.  Established 1966.  They serve food. The Seldom Scene Thursday residency at the original location was the place to be.  We went dozens of times, but not enough.

The Birchmere as music venue is one of the best in our area. As a food venue it is borderline repulsive.

(Been to the Birchmere often, with upcoming tickets for Southside Johnny on July 6, and Nils Lofgren on September 15.)

• Like 3

The second Birchmere used to have little cards on the tables asking patrons to respect the performers and hush. The notable exception was the annual New Years Eve party with the Seldom Scene. We went to that one time and were given noisemakers for 12 o'clock. I joked that I wanted a T-shirt that read "I talked out of turn at the Birchmere!"

• Like 3

I once saw Living Colour at the Birchmere. You could tell on their faces that they couldn't figure out why the audience was so sedate. I told them at the meet&greet after that it was a "seated show", and all of a sudden lightbulbs went off.

KN is right - they should be embarrassed to serve that food, and CHARGE FOR TAP WATER. 

• Like 2