Galileo Dinner

Excuse me, but did you leave knowing that they had mistakenly not charged you for your wine?  Regardless of what you thought about the prices, IMO, that is not OK, ever.  I think if you ordered it and drank it, you should have paid for it.  Geesh - am I out on a limb here? :P

Seriously, since all I drank was one glass of the Pinot Grigio, I think that the missing $4.50 wasn't a big enough deal for me to wait for them to re-run my ticket. I made sure to tip more than the appropriate amount (thanks for all the guidance on that :wub: ), and I'd rather have that $ go to the wait staff than to the bar tab. Plus, the markup on what I paid at the bar before the meal was also hefty enough from my point of view.

And yes, for the $130 or so I ended paying for dinner for two, I would have expected better. Like I said, I paid less and got a much more satisfying meal at Grapeseed. I'm well aware of how much good service costs, and for what Galileo normally charges, I'm simply saying that they could have done better. (And note, I DID say I was nit-picking...)

jeffalex

Okay, let me get this straight: seventeen people got seated in the Lab, the chef came in on what was most likely her night off, the food ranged from decent to great, the service was lavish and impeccable, and everything was 50% off.

Sounds pretty awesome to me!

Chef Brandwein and staff returned to hearty, and well-deserved applause.  Half-price or not, Galileo gave us the full measure of their devotion last night.

Have I mentioned yet that I feel like I'm sprouting mushrooms after Sunday night?

Beautiful fungi served with the beef tartar and the veal.

I'll just take a bowl of those.

lightly sauteed.

to go.

Okay, let me get this straight:  seventeen people got seated in the Lab, the chef came in on what was most likely her night off, the food ranged from decent to great, the service was lavish and impeccable, and everything was 50% off.

Sounds pretty awesome to me!

I'd have to agree, that's pretty much the sum total on the subject! :P

JeffAlex