When Restaurants Fight Back

jpschust

"We aren't nearly as bad as they say we are" isn't a really good marketing scheme, is it?

How about "Don't believe the Washingtonian or just about anyone else who has ever been to our restaurant."?

Wait, wasn't the root of this whole kerfluffle Kliman misrepresenting Donna's prior financial troubles? And yet they are intending "Don't believe the Washingtonian" to mean that the review of the food itself was misguided and Kliman doesn't know what he's talking about? If so it's a tad disingenuous; 99% of the dining public don't know that back story.

Wait, wasn't the root of this whole kerfluffle Kliman misrepresenting Donna's prior financial troubles? And yet they are intending "Don't believe the Washingtonian" to mean that the review of the food itself was misguided and Kliman doesn't know what he's talking about? If so it's a tad disingenuous; 99% of the dining public don't know that back story.
I may regret saying this, but I suspect the logic that led to their thinking making a blog and bumper stickers about Washingtonian would be good for business is the same logic (or at least logic by the same people) that has caused the service/management issues to begin with.

I love Roberto Donna's cooking. I really wish the execution of the dining experience were better and more consistent. (I found the service at Galileo lacking too. For those prices, I should be sitting down at a table with crumbs all over it and a waiter who is MIA?)