Meaghan (Precautionary)

Okay, so I have a trip to Miami in two months (needless to say Vegas all over again for ten days in May).

Meanwhile, I've ditched a bunch of friends :( , joined the most foo foo gym and just finished watching a special on the National Geographic Channel on gastric bypass. I think I'm in charge! But I still like to drink.

Okay, so I have a trip to Miami in two months (needless to say Vegas all over again for ten days in May).

Meanwhile, I've ditched a bunch of friends :( , joined the most foo foo gym and just finished watching a special on the National Geographic Chanel on gastric bypass. I think I'm in charge! But I still like to drink.

You're a riot, Meaghan! :(

Deal or no deal?

<Backed by cheers and hoots from some heavyweights in the audience, the determined lady sporting the pooch on her mid-section, closes the suitcase>.

"No deal on the ten pounds," she barks at the bald man with the goatee and the purple shirt. "I'm in for 25!"

The honest truth is that I have been working out like crazy (at the gym); there are fitness magazines all over my bed, I bought a mat and some balance balls for my room; I am about to take money from my sexy shoe slush fund to buy a fuller package of personal training sessions. My social life is on hold, unless you like sleeping.

The good news is that I have been religious about the gym and do notice my body reacting and responding. I am sleeping better and am less stressed, and my clothes fit better. Invervals, core and strength. I see the difference in my hard work.

I had the fat caliburs today; I'm 23 percent body fat, which for women is on the tippy top of the fitness column. But better than "acceptable," I see.

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/body-fat-cal...y-fat-chart.php

Well, it's way too much for me. By March 21 that number will be 13 percent. Wish me luck!

I'll be back!

Here’s my update:

Monday: Work with trainer for an hour doing sets/reps (free weights, ball, lunges, resistance, abs)

& 45 mins Cybex (elliptical thing); walked a lot that day, lots of commuting on foot (burrrr)

Tuesday: Set & Reps group class in early morning and 50 mins intense cardio

Wednesday: 1 hour moderate cardio, with short intense intervals, followed by stretches and nap on the ball

Today: Plan on 20-30 mins high intensity cardio followed by group definitions class

Friday: Maybe an easy class, rest

Eating and drinking: I’m hungry! Trying not to get too hungry b/c that is bad.

Eating snacks and more protein, low carb. I can’t go into details, too boring.

I am allowing 1-2 drinks a night if I eat well. Have not gone out for meals. My wallet is fat and jolly this week.

Definitely losing weight, but I only weight myself once a week.

I want it to warm up one of these weekends so I can hike up Old Rag for a change of scenery.

Today: Plan on 20-30 mins high intensity cardio followed by group definitions class

Friday: Maybe an easy class, rest

Eating and drinking: I’m hungry! Trying not to get too hungry b/c that is bad.

Reality:

Thursday:

An hour on my new best friend, CYBEX Body Arc, then 5-10 mins of free weights (quickie)

Friday (this morning):

50 mins medium intensity with intervals of greater intensity, plus group Set & Reps class (one hour that kicked my ass today). Among energies exerted, did like four (4) one min holds of the plank http://exercise.about.com/od/abs/ss/abexercises_10.htm and like 80 push-ups, millions of lunges, yada yada yada.

If I don’t slow down this weekend, it will take away from my future energy, so I've gotta be wise ( and less of a freak).

Did I mention I'm in a really good mood?

Instead of talking about what the scale says or what I do at the gym, which I find to be utterly boring and self-centered. Here's something different:

Workout Wisdom [of my own]

-Reward yourself regularly with something other than food (for example, an article of clothing that might look better than it would have before or in my case, an hour long sports massage)

-Keep a dairy. Try to plan ahead on what workout you want to get in. Day to day goals are good.

-Go to classes. It's a good reminder that there are many of us in same boat and it's fun. Plus, people will miss you after a while if you stop going; you can trick yourself into thinking they actually hold you accountable.

-Make it count. If you want to skip, skip, but if you go, really go! My example: I'm not going to wake up at the crack of dawn and then putz around. Sleep is way too important to waste.

-Drink lots and lots of water. If you feel thirsty, you have already been underhydrated for too long.

Last week, I started taking a one-a-day multivitamin (one of those goofy gluten free organic ones you’ve never heard of). I probably should have been taking that all along because with all that’s on my mind, I really can’t focus on the whole nutrient thing (all my energy has gone into the regiment of my exercise and developing a good pattern of eating and drinking less). As much as I like to exercise, though, I really should have introduced vitamins a long time ago.

It’s a fact that I respect my body more as a product of the effort I have been putting into it.

It’s like I’m fixing up this really cool motorcycle, part by part, and pretty soon it will be ready for the road, and I’ll be polishing it all the time and freaking out if anyone puts a ding on it… Buying all these overpriced accessories for it, becoming tight with other people who fix motorcycles, hanging around the shop all the time (Except I am the motorcycle and the shop is probably the gym). Let’s see… If I’m a motorcycle, I’m a Ducati. Or at least I want to be.

So, back to the vitamin…

If anything, it has an amazing placebo effect. I notice a difference in my eyes and skin for sure. The eyes glow… Perhaps my liver is working now!

And again, this could be in my head, but I think my joints are feeling better after resistance training now.

If nothing else, I say:

Vitamins. It’s energy for your flesh, blood and guts.

Vitamins. They make you pee nuclear yellow.

Vitamins. It’s what’s for snack.

Vitamins. Spike your cocktails with this shit.

PS: Today I ran 50 mins (8ish minute mile pace=7.1 on my treadmill ), took a 50 min Definitions class and stretched for 30. Fun, fun, fun.

.PS: Today I ran 50 mins (8ish minute mile pace=7.1 on my treadmill ), took a 50 min Definitions class and stretched for 30. Fun, fun, fun.

Oh my god. I need to start taking vitamins.

How do you do that??? I can only do hardcore cardio on a machine for about 20-30 minutes at a time without getting bored, or wanting to die (on a treadmill). And if I do run for that long, it sure as heck isn't at 7.1mph. I mean, I'm short and all, but I don't think I was made to go that fast...

In any case, ku-dos, and you're an inspiration.

Just an update...

Things are still going well.

The gym, which has always fit somewhere in my life, is now a solid part of the daily and weekly routine I have invented myself. In fact, the gym and the sort of goal-oriented workouts I have been doing are one of my greatest sources of pleasure (besides having a couple of martinis after one of those days at work). It’s also a great source of control that I have in my life; it’s something very personal, and I am my own inspiration. No one can really mess with that.

I don’t know what I weigh, but I feel like I’m in great shape as far as what I am able to do physically and how I look compared to Christmas time.

The most recent results (definition and new muscle) are those that will be the most noticeable when I am in beach wear.

What moved me to post today is that I am wearing a size 4 suit that hasn't fit quite right in a seemingly long time (ever). In fact, I meant to buy a size 6 more than a year ago when I bought it, but it was European sizes and it was marked down incredibly and I miscalculated and never actually tried it on, so I lived with it. It was too tight and I stopped wearing the jacket b/c it was like being in a straight jacket and kept reminding me that I wasn’t at the weight that I wanted to be. It made me feel uncomfortable in my own skin. Well, I can wear the suit easily now. I don’t even really like it that much, but the fact that it fits so well now totally makes up for the fact that it’s Monday. It put me in a great mood.

Stay tuned (I know. I was a lot more interesting back when the Screenwriters were still on strike) because I will be getting fat calibured this week for the first time since Jan 18.

Just an update...

Things are still going well.

The gym, which has always fit somewhere in my life, is now a solid part of the daily and weekly routine I have invented myself. In fact, the gym and the sort of goal-oriented workouts I have been doing are one of my greatest sources of pleasure (besides having a couple of martinis after one of those days at work). It’s also a great source of control that I have in my life; it’s something very personal, and I am my own inspiration. No one can really mess with that.

I don’t know what I weigh, but I feel like I’m in great shape as far as what I am able to do physically and how I look compared to Christmas time.

The most recent results (definition and new muscle) are those that will be the most noticeable when I am in beach wear.

What moved me to post today is that I am wearing a size 4 suit that hasn't fit quite right in a seemingly long time (ever). In fact, I meant to buy a size 6 more than a year ago when I bought it, but it was European sizes and it was marked down incredibly and I miscalculated and never actually tried it on, so I lived with it. It was too tight and I stopped wearing the jacket b/c it was like being in a straight jacket and kept reminding me that I wasn’t at the weight that I wanted to be. It made me feel uncomfortable in my own skin. Well, I can wear the suit easily now. I don’t even really like it that much, but the fact that it fits so well now totally makes up for the fact that it’s Monday. It put me in a great mood.

Stay tuned (I know. I was a lot more interesting back when the Screenwriters were still on strike) because I will be getting fat calibured this week for the first time since Jan 18.

Meaghan, What can I say. If feels like you and I (and especially you) are a long way from December, when we were throwing caution to the wind, and eating, and drinking and getting merry like Christmas. I am so proud of you, and you look great! Size 4?!!!!

Meaghan, What can I say. If feels like you and I (and especially you) are a long way from December, when we were throwing caution to the wind, and eating, and drinking and getting merry like Christmas. I am so proud of you, and you look great! Size 4?!!!!

Thanks. I'm worried about tomorrow morning. I asked my trainer to "kick my ass," and got an affirmative email. Crap. I was supposed to be asleep three hours ago. Sh*t, F@ck, Sh*t, F@ck, Sh*t, F@ck, Sh*t, F@ck,...