Private Room for 20-25

MBK

I'm tasked with planning my Commission's celebratory wrap-up dinner next month (because if I don't do it, we'll end up at Clyde's :blink: ). We're looking for a restaurant with a private room (or semi-private space) suitable for 20-25. One of my Commissioners mentioned she was thinking of places like Tosca or The Caucus Room, so that's my price range (although to be honest, I've never been to The Caucus Room, so have no idea what that actually means). Anywhere in the DC metro area (so including Md/Va) will work. Any suggestions?

I'm tasked with planning my Commission's celebratory wrap-up dinner next month (because if I don't do it, we'll end up at Clyde's :blink: ). We're looking for a restaurant with a private room (or semi-private space) suitable for 20-25. One of my Commissioners mentioned she was thinking of places like Tosca or The Caucus Room, so that's my price range (although to be honest, I've never been to The Caucus Room, so have no idea what that actually means). Anywhere in the DC metro area will work. Any suggestions?
I'm thinking you might be the same poster as over on chowhound, but if not:

Zaytinya does a nice private space even though I'm not a fan of their food I know others are

Dino can probably do the upstairs for you

Old Ebbit can do something for you in the courtyard I'm sure

Vidalia would be at the upper end of that spectrum and could do something

TenPehn has a great side room as well

I'm thinking you might be the same poster as over on chowhound, but if not:

Nope. Not the chowhound poster, for whatever that's worth.

The Vidalia suggestion is a good one, though. Thanks.

I know a lot of people think it's overly expensive, but I really like BLT Steak for private dinners. It can hold 24 for a sit-down dinner. I like it because they generally serve the meals family style, which means you get some of everything. I think you can choose what appetizers/mains/sides/desserts that the group will have to choose from, and the food has always been pretty good.

Le Paradou (also quite expensive) does a really good sit down dinner too. Everyone won't be at one table, though (or at least haven't in the dinners I've done there). Instead, it's a number of circular tables. Always, always have duck as one of the options there.

Everyone won't be at one table, though (or at least haven't in the dinners I've done there). Instead, it's a number of circular tables.

This is okay, and actually might be preferable, since a long table for 20-25 could be a bit unwieldy.

Not to put in a shameless plug for myself or my own restaurant (but it is best when applicable) but Tabaq has a few different, great rooms that can accomodate you and the food is great, from Chef Daniel Labonne, and very reasonably priced. If you are interested please email me at the restaurant email as I dont know how to use this message board thing!

amber@tabaqdc.com

Note: I am working on trying to get a DR happy hour together, perhaps in conjunction with the french wine society, of which we are a member. But dont quote me on that!

Not to put in a shameless plug for myself or my own restaurant (but it is best when applicable) but Tabaq has a few different, great rooms that can accomodate you and the food is great, from Chef Daniel Labonne, and very reasonably priced. If you are interested please email me at the restaurant email as I dont know how to use this message board thing!

amber@tabaqdc.com

Note: I am working on trying to get a DR happy hour together, perhaps in conjunction with the french wine society, of which we are a member. But dont quote me on that!

I'm not quoting you on this, but you do realize that as a member with a low post count who is handling a happy hour for the fellow members with french wine it is customary to provide various 96 Bordeaux tastings free of charge to the members, right? :blink:;):P

I'm not quoting you on this, but you do realize that as a member with a low post count who is handling a happy hour for the fellow members with french wine it is customary to provide various 96 Bordeaux tastings free of charge to the members, right? ;):P:)
'96? I thought it was '82..... :blink: