What Are You Eating Right Now?

Heather

Trader Joe's dark chocolate coconut bonbons. I stopped in to pick up some other things and ..... well, I'm weak. The only good thing is I didn't walk out with these *and* the triple ginger snaps.

Salad with my ground beef taco mix leftovers and leftover cup of soup from Zoe's Kitchen.  Both were fine, but neither were completely satisfying, sigh... I don't think I have ever had a bluejay satsume orange, but I kind of think it would fill this void of lust in my heart right now.  Yesterday, I peeled what I thought was an orange, but I swear it was a cross between an orange and a grapefruit it was delicious, now I am in search for more.

Yesterday, I peeled what I thought was an orange, but I swear it was a cross between an orange and a grapefruit it was delicious, now I am in search for more.

Well, that could be a tangelo, I suppose. Cara cara also taste like that to me sometimes.

Thinking on this, it's time for two of my favorite citrus fruits: ugli and dekopon (aka Sumo). I haven't seen them yet, but when I do...watch out!

Egg salad like my Grandmother made, with Duke's mayonnaise, homemade pickle relish, and mustard.  I didn't have French's, so I went with dijon.  It still tastes like being a kid. :)  Now onto another egg to be eaten in one hand while holding the salt shaker in the other. 

• Like 1

A peanut, dark chocolate biscotto, brought over to me by a neighbor who knows Mr. lperry is out of town, so she is supporting my underground gluten-ous lifestyle.  Still warm from the oven.  Yum.  I'm saving the rest for breakfast. 

• Like 1

A slice of Bread Furst's corn rye bread, slathered with Kerrygold unsalted butter -- bread purchased just a few minutes ago at the Whole Foods on P Street!  :)

What do you think about BreadFurst corn rye? I prefer rye bread with lots of caraway seed. And I found it very heavy. YMMV.

What do you think about BreadFurst corn rye? I prefer rye bread with lots of caraway seed. And I found it very heavy. YMMV.

I like the bread a lot -- I tend to prefer a denser bread rather than light and airy.  Despite its density, I don't find it dry.  And, while I like caraway a lot, I don't really miss it here.  My one quibble with these loaves is that the crust is very thick (some might say 'crisp and crunchy') which makes it hard to cut into and to take that first bite.  From what I've read, that's a quality that Furstenburg is actually trying to achieve, so I guess he's succeeded.  I would love to see a list of the ingredients for this bread because there is a taste in it that is really reminiscent of coriander to me -- kind of a floral note -- which I find quite pleasant. Anyone know?

A slice of Bread Furst's corn rye bread, slathered with Kerrygold unsalted butter -- bread purchased just a few minutes ago at the Whole Foods on P Street!  :)

Lol, I couldn't resist buying Irish Soda Bread this weekend and slathered that with Kerrygold. Warm bread and good butter....

• Like 1

Lol, I couldn't resist buying Irish Soda Bread this weekend and slathered that with Kerrygold. Warm bread and good butter....

Speaking of Kerrygold, I was at the P Street WF a couple of hours ago and they have Kerrygold on sale: $3.19 instead of $3.69.  I assume this is not specific to the P St location, but I'm not certain.

• Like 1

Speaking of Kerrygold, I was at the P Street WF a couple of hours ago and they have Kerrygold on sale: $3.19 instead of $3.69.  I assume this is not specific to the P St location, but I'm not certain.

TJs usually has the lowest prices we've found on KerryGold. Costco is lower but only sells the salted version so no-go for us.

I just finished the last of some braised short ribs from a week ago.  There wasn't too much meat left, mostly the wonderful beefy broth.  When I was pulling that container out of the refrigerator, I found some excess cilantro I had previously chopped.  It was wilted but still fine stirred into the soup.

Yet another recipe from Archana Mundhe's cookbook, "The Essential Indian Instant Pot Cookbook." Tonight was the chicken korma. I've made 5 or 6 recipes so far, and all have been really, really good.  Like really good. Butter chicken, salmon tikka masala, saag paneer...all amazing. I originally came across her butter chicken recipe on Food52, and bought the book based on the results.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/12/2019 at 8:21 PM, Josh said:

Yet another recipe from Archana Mundhe's cookbook, "The Essential Indian Instant Pot Cookbook." Tonight was the chicken korma. I've made 5 or 6 recipes so far, and all have been really, really good.  Like really good. Butter chicken, salmon tikka masala, saag paneer...all amazing. I originally came across her butter chicken recipe on Food52, and bought the book based on the results.

Now added to my Amazon wishlist!

On 10/23/2019 at 12:01 PM, Xochitl10 said:

The last two pears from this year's harvest. They're so freaking good, and the crop was way less buggy than two years ago. I hope that means the organic orcharding strategies are working. 

Funny, I just - not five minutes ago - had the last two slices of pears from Dishgo's 2019 harvest (there may be more, but I don't think so). I thought they were excellent; much better than she thought they were.

DIShGo, if you'd correct me - these were the first I've had, if I recall, and are they all gone now?