What Are You Eating Right Now?

Heather

Hebrew National beef knockwurst, sauerkraut, Gulden's brown mustard on a potato roll. 'cause it's too darn hot to fix lunch in the kitchen when there's a perfectly good grill outside.

Bite-sized pear tomatoes off the vine. 'cause it's too darn hot to leave them out there behind the house.

Arizona-brand "Southern style" sweet tea, generously iced. 'cause it's too darn hot to drive down across the "sweet tea line" in Virginia for the genuine article.

Ice cream. Just because.

We just finished some Hebrew National cheese-stuffed hotdogs* on whole wheat buns, with sliced plum and yellow pear tomatoes for my husband and sweet relish and French's yellow mustard for me. Also piled on top, some sweet onions and cukes pickled in pinot grigio vinegar for a couple of days.

*The cheese was purchased a week or so ago from Cheesetique, a fairly hard cheese that I recall being a cross between Gouda and something else. It worked nicely with the dogs.

Buffalo mozzarella, rosemary Italian bread, applewood smoked bacon and heirloom & Green Zebra tomatoes purchased today at Dupont Circle Farmer's Market -- all combined into a sandwich with sundried tomato mayo and Beau's homemade basil pesto and basil leaves then toasted to perfection. Yummy!

-Camille

An amazingly rich warm steak and kidney pie with a delightful light crispy pastry on the outside. Ah, the big chunks of kidney and steak with the fresh peas are warming my stomach as we speak.

Oh, and a sausage roll with HP sauce.

Too bad I couldn't bring a bottle of good beer into the office to go with it.

Herb crusted roast beast stuffed with fois gras shaped like a lobster claw and a side of lobster tail wrapped with monk fish and caul fat which was drizzled with a beautiful mahogany-hued demi glace to match my fierce new hairdo. My taste buds are singing, my loins are warm and my special place is happy and tingley.

Not really. I am actually eating a turkey sandwich (on wheat bread with swiss cheese, y'all) and some cranberry juice. No tingling. No warming sensation. No singing tastebuds. No new hairdo either. :)

Herb crusted roast beast stuffed with fois gras shaped like a lobster claw and a side of lobster tail wrapped with monk fish and caul fat which was drizzled with a beautiful mahogany-hued demi glace to match my fierce new hairdo. My taste buds are singing, my loins are warm and my special place is happy and tingley.

Masturbatory posting, five yard penalty, still second down.

That last sentence counts as "piling-on" too :)

Toast with spreadable Kraft cream cheese (I dont see it in AMerican stores so I buy mine from the Middle Eastern store), scrambled eggs and orange juice.
Isn't that just Philadelphia? Or is there some other kind out there by Kraft?

Nope. I will take a picture of mine and post it here. It is a botteled soft cream cheese that I have never seen in Giant. Here is a link to a similar bottle.

http://www.kraft.com.au/products/cheese_spread/index.cfm

I will go take a pic of mine and post it.

It's in a tub, not a bottle/jar, but Kraft/Philadelphia does have a line of spreadable cream cheese, different from the "brick" cheese.

Nope. I will take a picture of mine and post it here. It is a botteled soft cream cheese that I have never seen in Giant. Here is a link to a similar bottle.

http://www.kraft.com.au/products/cheese_spread/index.cfm

I will go take a pic of mine and post it.

Ah! I actually am familiar with this variant- I had just assumed that this was a U.S. product, but I had the bottled cheese spread on multiple occasions while in Australia. :)

Flat iron steak from WF and some braised beet greens.

I really wish that WF would learn how to butcher the flat irons.

YES! Someone who knows what I'm talking about! I am probably known at the Clarendon WF as the crazy little woman who makes them turn over the flat irons and hold them out at various angles so I can check the butchering job before I agree to buy them.

YES! Someone who knows what I'm talking about! I am probably known at the Clarendon WF as the crazy little woman who makes them turn over the flat irons and hold them out at various angles so I can check the butchering job before I agree to buy them.
Last time I was shopping for Flat Irons in Clarendon WF I was sure they had them mixed up with the London Broil. The meat marked "London Broil" was triangular (iron shaped) and cut against the grain while the ones marked as Flat Iron were definitely cut with the grain, (as would LB as you cook then slice against the grain to serve).

I made a salmon marinated in ginger, fresh orange and lime juice and sweet vermouth with a tiny hint of vietnamese chili sauce. This was poached and served with a wild mushroom couscous, steamed asparagus and a tomato, cucumber salad using Jake Parrot's Sherry vinegar.

I served a Leth Gruner Veltliner 2005 Lagenreserve which was crisp and minerally.