Heather

What Are You Eating Right Now?

Last nights squash stir fried with fennel, cumin, mustard seeds and some homemade Indian flat bread. And a LARGE can of coke.

Can you tell I am cooking again LOL

well, not right now, but about 2 hours ago, a tomato, basil and mozzarella sandwich on a baguette that took most of the weekend to bake and covered my kitchen in flour. But it's good, dammit!! :P

oh- and the annoying details: tomato and basil from the CSA. Bread: from Rose Levy Berenbaum's The Bread Bible.

cafe americano, and one of the biscotti that we give away to people who walk by and read our menu board. breakfast of champions.

nothing...absolutely nothing. My appetite went on vacation yesterday afternoon and has yet to return. :P

Just returned from Taqueria Poblano where I had one fish and one chorizo & potato taco.

Chipotle burrito bowl with steak. Rice, black beans, extra fajita veggies, steak, extra mild tomato salsa and lettuce. Topped it off with Tabasco Jalpeno sauce and lime juice.

<burp>

SoHo is the closest place to my office so I eat there all too often. They do make a decent red beans and rice though, so I'm chowing down on that along with a soggy eggroll.

SoHo is the closest place to my office so I eat there all too often. They do make a decent red beans and rice though, so I'm chowing down on that along with a soggy eggroll.

SoHo, the buffet chain with the red and black sign? It's a big deal to admit that! Kudos.

SoHo, the buffet chain with the red and black sign?  It's a big deal to admit that! Kudos.

That's the one. I work in Silver Spring, so options are limited, WAY limited. At least within easy walking distance on a HOT freakin day.

I am enjoying a tasty iced latte from Caribou, and playing with my new digital camera. This is what the guy at the camera test lab was apparently eating: noodles7mw.jpg

(There! Offsite hosting!)

Edited by shogun

Delivery from Spices. I had a bad day. :P

Aged tangerine peel beef, fried dumplings, burp.

French-style (Gerbet, to be specific) Macaroons. Vanilla and non-traditional Maple, both types filled with matching-flavored buttercream.

I started off with by finishing my goat cheese stuffed squashblossoms but I have moved on to just eating the cheese straight from the piping bag :P

Swedish fish - the red kind.

Must.Not.Eat.Entire.Bag.

Edited by MelGold

Lemon Sorbet (delish!)

Our building was just sold, and the new mgt company is providing an "ice cream social" :P

Stale Bugles. OK, OK. My stomach was rumbling because I could not bring myself to eat the egg roll I got today at the building's cafeteria. Blech. It's Chinese Day! Not. I didn't want to go near the "General Tso's Chicken" or the "Fried Rice." I've eaten plenty of bad egg rolls in my life, but this was the worst. Even worse than those little baby frozen ones you can get at Giant.

Ritter Sport bar, marzipan covered in dark chocolate.

The key to bliss is to eat the chocolate first, then the marzipan. Mmmm.

Jael

This is my first time here :P Nice to meet everyone!

Right now I'm 'tasting' my latest experiment: saffron & pistachio cookies. I'm working on a low-(sat.)fat recipe that use no butter and yolk :wub: It came out pretty nice.. though not all the spices came through (saffron was too powerful, perhaps?).

Hi brooke. And welcome.

Saffron can indeed be overwhelming.

If you gave your working recipe, I am sure that some of the bakers on the site (aka not me) could help you out).