Heather

What Are You Eating Right Now?

Guacamole, spicy guacamole. It's my second time making the stuff at home and this time I used fresh jalepeno pepper. [Last time, I made "mild" guacamole, with only a few drops of hot sauce.]

That's powerful stuff! I minced two slices of the pepper, probably 1/4" thick each, to go with two avocados. Personally, I love the spice, but if I make guac for guests, I think I'll have to tone it down slightly.

Reduced fat breakfast sandwich from Starbucks and a grande Columbian coffee of the day with 4 sugar in the raw and a good dollop of whole milk.

Surprisingly, the sanwich is quite tasty! I am pleasantly surprised.

Yeast-raised, maple-glazed, homemade doughnuts.

Yeah, rub it in! I'll just go back to eating my Dunkin Donuts Boston-creme-filled chemical foam, thank you. Was going to make buttermilk pancakes, but I ended up having to help a friend move. Pancakes for dinner now. :P

Left over Ma Po Bean Curd from TemptAsian with some fresh rice.

Bratwursts from German Gourmet on Lee Highway and a salad. Mmmm...bratwurst. Oh, and a bottle of Belhaven Wee Heavy Scottish ale.

Edited by JimRice

Ollie burger with cheese and medium ollie fries

they have a new promo running...after 5 burgers you get a free angioplasty

Just this minute, I bit into, and chewed, a previously undetected jalapeno pepper on a shredded pork sandwich from Banh Mi DC Sandwich in Falls Church.

Clicking on "Add Reply," and then heading straight for the Deer Park water cooler,

Rocks.

Just this minute, I bit into, and chewed, a previously undetected jalapeno pepper on a shredded pork sandwich from Banh Mi DC Sandwich in Falls Church.

Clicking on "Add Reply," and then heading straight for the Deer Park water cooler,

Rocks.

kong lay uck

phonetic spelling of "no hot peppers"

Rocks.

It was full? :lol:

What you needed was a glass of milk or a nice lassi

Jasmine tea smoked duck breast with a strawberry balsamic sauce and a roasted beet salad.

Leftover cracker-crusted pork and green beans with bacon. The pork didn't reheat well but the (formerly) green beans are delish.

Jael

A 'Berry-Lime Sublime' Jamba Juice, and the rage of dozens of law students as I wave back from them from behind the glass of a computer lab closed for maintenance. Man, something profoundly bad happened to this lab, and I"m not sure what.

Barbara's Bakery's Snackimals Whear-Free Oatmeal animal cookies with a tall iced coffee w/ milk and sugar from Starbucks.

Yum. Trying to be good and trying to resist the call of the potato chips in the vending machine!

First pear of the season from Reid's.

I discovered pears just in the last few years and it's been a real love affair. This was a regular Bartlett--hoping for the red Bartlett's soon.

I love this time of year--still getting tomatoes and necatarines but the apples and pears are starting to appear.

Yum!

Jennifer

First pear of the season from Reid's.

I discovered pears just in the last few years and it's been a real love affair.  This was a regular Bartlett--hoping for the red Bartlett's soon.

I love this time of year--still getting tomatoes and necatarines but the apples and pears are starting to appear.

Yum!

Jennifer

You're eating?! What happened to the pre-Eve fast?

You're eating?!  What happened to the pre-Eve fast?

Lightly snacking... :lol: I've had an apple and a pear plus the last of some very nice expensive dark chocolate. Will probably eat a necatarine later....

Having just missed out on the Eve dinner, thanks to our server deciding a nap was in order at just the wrong moment, I am eating a gin and tonic.

I'm drinking.

I have to report, though:

I'm drinking Victory Golden Monkey in a 9.4 million dollar house, on the clock.

I'm eating peanuts. That big Virginian kind in the can from Marvelous Market.