TMB - Downtown Lunch Club

Last night RJ mentioned the Vidalia bar lunch

Two courses are offered for $19.90 from our daily specials with a choice of specialty libation. Guests will have a choice of an appetizer and entrée or entrée and dessert. The prix fixe menu is available Monday through Friday from 11:30 AM to 2:30 PM.

I could do this week (gone all next week). Tomorrow? Thursday? Am open to other location suggestions too, but I probably wouldn't make it as far over as Beck.

I could do this week (gone all next week). Tomorrow? Thursday? Am open to other location suggestions too, but I probably wouldn't make it as far over as Beck.

I'm exactly the opposite - I could do Friday or next week, but not tomorrow or Thursday, and I probably can't make it as far west as Vidalia during lunch, though Corduroy and Beck are a block away!

I'm exactly the opposite - I could do Friday or next week, but not tomorrow or Thursday, and I probably can't make it as far west as Vidalia during lunch, though Corduroy and Beck are a block away!

Heather, I'm game for tomorrow. 12:30? Anybody else in this neck of the woods?

DK...any good sit-down options halfway between the two poles? Could always just get Korean Cart at 14th/L, but it's too cold to eat it somewhere 'round there.

I'm in the middle, but I doubt that helps =D. Mio is in the middle sorta. It's pretty decent, but I do find their food tends to be almost universally underseasoned. Naan and Beyond is also somewhat middle, but seating is sometimes an issue, unless you want to come eat in my cubicle with me.

Heather, I'm game for tomorrow. 12:30? Anybody else in this neck of the woods?
I'll be downtown for a meeting tomorrow and had just decided I was going to check out the lunch deal at Vidalia. I might be there a bit earlier than 12:30, but I'll look for you two :(

(and it doesn't look like it's limited to the bar)

Nothing overly chow-worthy sits halfway. Olives? Georgia Brown's? Loeb's? 5 outposts of Cosi...

Mmmmm, Loeb's. I could definitely do a Loeb's run at some point in the "just after new years" timeframe if that's before you leave us, DK.

I'll be downtown for a meeting tomorrow and had just decided I was going to check out the lunch deal at Vidalia. I might be there a bit earlier than 12:30, but I'll look for you two :(

(and it doesn't look like it's limited to the bar)

Yea, I think I just said bar lunch out of RK habit :(

I'll be there tomorrow at 12:30 and will sit at the bar, because, well, it's the place to sit.

Mmmmm, Loeb's. I could definitely do a Loeb's run at some point in the "just after new years" timeframe if that's before you leave us, DK.

I should still be downtown a couple of days a week for the first few weeks of January, so should be able to get a trip to Loeb's in there somewhere.

I've been working at this location for over two years now, and I've still never been to Malaysia Kopitiam. Anybody wanna check it out in the next couple days for lunch? Tuesday or Wednesday?

I was actually thinking of trying to get to Corduroy for lunch since I can't make it in the evening for a happy hour. I know it's a bit further away, but if I can swing it I'd like to do that for my lunchtime outing....anyone else available or interested let me know.

ETA: there may not be much food left after their covers tonite, so I may try to hoof out there today.