Spanish Wine Lists

dbwebhead

I am having out-of-town guests arrive in a few weeks from Spain and I was wondering if there what WDC restaurant has the best wine list for Spanish wines? I know of Jaleo, but I think there may be better choices. Any recommendations? Thanks.

I am having out-of-town guests arrive in a few weeks from Spain and I was wondering if there what WDC restaurant has the best wine list for Spanish wines? I know of Jaleo, but I think there may be better choices. Any recommendations? Thanks.

As one would expect, Taberna del Alabardero has quite a large selection of Spanish wines on their list. I'm sure that their sommelier, David Bueno, who is considered to be quite an expert on Spanish wines would be more than happy to assist you.

Taberna del Alabardero has no competition in the city. David Bueno is their extremely talented sommelier.

Why not introduce them to American wines? They can get Spanish wines at home.

If I ever get to Barcelona, I ain't eatin' at McDonalds! :blink:

Isn't it frightening that, if an American is completely disinclined to experience European culture while in Europe, they do not have to? Like the protagonist in "The Accidental Tourist", you can completely insulate yourself from having to experience any culture shock.

That just saddens me, yet I know that some people do that. Are their souls dead?

If I ever get to Barcelona, I ain't eatin' at McDonalds! ;)
I did (about a block south of the Boqueria, across the Rambla) but only to get my fried apple pie fix :blink:
Isn't it frightening that, if an American is completely disinclined to experience European culture while in Europe, they do not have to? Like the protagonist in "The Accidental Tourist", you can completely insulate yourself from having to experience any culture shock.
We'd been in east Anglia for four days when I commented to a friend "you know, it's really nice that I haven't seen a Starbuck's anywhere!" Not ten seconds later, we passed two people clutching those little white cups with the round green logo, and then we rounded the corner only to be greeted by the downtown Norwich branch. Self-jinxed. *sigh*