Italian Restaurants for Vegetarians

dbwebhead

I'll second Dino. But why listen to me when our own Don Rockwell gave such a ringing endorsement of Dino for vegetarians.

Thanks for the response. Now I have a more specific question. I heard of a place that has the best fettucine alfredo in WDC, possibly near Dupont Circle. It is supposed to be really authentic - just like they make it in Italy. I cannot remember the name of this place. Does anyone have knowledge of this Italian restaurant?

Thanks for the response. Now I have a more specific question. I heard of a place that has the best fettucine alfredo in WDC, possibly near Dupont Circle. It is supposed to be really authentic - just like they make it in Italy. I cannot remember the name of this place. Does anyone have knowledge of this Italian restaurant?

Found the answer to my question in Robert Shoffner's pasta article (October 2006 issue of the Washingtonian):

Etrusco Trattoria (1606 20th St., NW; 202-667-0047). This is the only Washington restaurant that offers a reasonably authentic facsimile of Fettuccine all’Alfredo. Listed simply as “fettuccine with butter & cheese,” it is as close as you can get here to Rome’s fettuccine al triplo burro. The other pasta treasure at Etrusco is the bucatini alla pescatora, hollow spaghetti generously topped with an assortment of seafood quickly stewed with tomatoes. It is reminiscent of the dish as prepared at Bastianelli al Molo on the outskirts of Rome—and as good as it gets in Washington.

Found the answer to my question in Robert Shoffner's pasta article (October 2006 issue of the Washingtonian):
Thanks for the link. I hadn't seen that article. I was interested to see Luigino mentioned. I used to like to go there but haven't been in quite a while. I always found it odd that no else I talked to seemed to have heard of the place. The fettucine with porcini described in that article sounds really good. I wonder if they still have it.