Need A Keg Of Decent Beer

I need a keg (actually a quarter keg) of decent to good beer (that means no Bud/Miller/lite products, but something along the Old Dominion/Yuengling persuasion). Party is in the Woodley Park area, so closer to that area the better.

Suggestions?

I need a keg (actually a quarter keg) of decent to good beer (that means no Bud/Miller/lite products, but something along the Old Dominion/Yuengling persuasion). Party is in the Woodley Park area, so closer to that area the better.

Suggestions?

We've got ours at Dixie Wine and Spirits (3249 M ST NW) at the end of Key Bridge in Georgetown. Their number is 337.4412. I think they have a pretty varied selection, and the prices weren't too bad either.

I need a keg (actually a quarter keg) of decent to good beer (that means no Bud/Miller/lite products, but something along the Old Dominion/Yuengling persuasion).

Must have been a really bad day. A six-pack is usually plenty to take the edge off for me.

Cairo on 17th St has a great keg selection, though most have to be ordered. They've got a list posted inside of available kegs, though they've not yet added proces for Corsendonk and Rodenbach, which a flier in the window indicates are available.

I know this doesn't follow the routine of the high brow conversations that occur on the DR blog. But..... Football season is coming up, and I recently purchased a keg box for tailgating. Unfortunately, I have noticed that buying a Keg in the DC area is next to impossible. Any suggestions? I have found Dixie Liquor in Georgetown, but parking is an issue there...

Thanks,

Total Wine in McLean. They have a walk-in for kegs and you can just grab what you want. No call-ahead or reservations required, but you have to be satisfied with whatever they have, which usually is a nicely varied selection. It is probably no more than 15 minutes from Dixie Liquor (Key Bridge->GW Parkway->123->Chain Bridge Road).

I know this doesn't follow the routine of the high brow conversations that occur on the DR blog. But..... Football season is coming up, and I recently purchased a keg box for tailgating. Unfortunately, I have noticed that buying a Keg in the DC area is next to impossible. Any suggestions? I have found Dixie Liquor in Georgetown, but parking is an issue there...

Thanks,

Talbert's has been around for years--it's on River Road just outside of DC. It was one of THE places, along with Elbe's in Wheaton (straight out Connecticut Ave which becomes Univ Blvd) and Belby in Rockville for kegs when I was in high school (drinking age was still 18 :mellow:) Three options for you, and a quick google search found this listing on DCist of where to buy a keg in DC. The post is a few years old, but I'm sure it is still of value.