Vermilion, Old Town Alexandria - Chef Thomas Cardarelli Replaces William Morris

1 hour ago, DonRocks said:

I don't know when Thomas Cardarelli replaced William Morris, but my most recent meal at Vermilion (several six months ago) was mediocre at best - it's possible I caught them in transition, but as of early 2019 late 2018, Brabo was your better alternative by a large margin.

I've taken a number of out-of-town guests to Vermilion and they have raved about the food and the service. You might have been there during the transition but the food (and the menu) are all Thomas's now and quite good.

20 minutes ago, Escoffier said:

I've taken a number of out-of-town guests to Vermilion and they have raved about the food and the service. You might have been there during the transition but the food (and the menu) are all Thomas's now and quite good.

Whoa, I was *way* off in my estimate of when I went to Vermilion - it was last September; not earlier this year. 

Remember those quaint days when one person could keep up with every restaurant in town? 😑 There was actually a time six years ago when I felt extremely guilty for not having been to Mi Cuba Cafe in Columbia Heights - it was pretty much the only "real" restaurant in the DC area where I hadn't been.

5 hours ago, DonRocks said:

Whoa, I was *way* off in my estimate of when I went to Vermilion - it was last September; not earlier this year. 

Remember those quaint days when one person could keep up with every restaurant in town? 😑 There was actually a time six years ago when I felt extremely guilty for not having been to Mi Cuba Cafe in Columbia Heights - it was pretty much the only "real" restaurant in the DC area where I hadn't been.

Part of that is that time moves much faster as you age. Unless I have a specific anchor for a date, I'm liable to be off by several years/a decade in guessing when it was.

41 minutes ago, Pat said:

Part of that is that time moves much faster as you age. Unless I have a specific anchor for a date, I'm liable to be off by several years/a decade in guessing when it was.

Remember when it was "weird" to remember things that happened 10-years ago?

Now it's weird to remember things that happened 50-years ago. 🤕

But, as I say to people: Growing old is better than the alternative.

• Like 2