Canning Demo and Potluck

Heather

A few people have expressed an interest in canning and preserving, so I am opening my kitchen for a demo on Saturday July 28. I can fit about 12 people into my house to watch, but the first eight to sign up have to bring their knives and a cutting board, and will get to take stuff home. I'll make vidalia onion relish, a jam, and if there's time, either pickled green beans or an Indian-style pickle. Bring a bottle of wine and a dish to share while we wait for the jars to cool. Post here or PM if you'd like to participate.

I am in and have other canning supplies if you need them.

A few people have expressed an interest in canning and preserving, so I am opening my kitchen for a demo on Saturday July 28. I can fit about 12 people into my house to watch, but the first eight to sign up have to bring their knives and a cutting board, and will get to take stuff home. I'll make vidalia onion relish, a jam, and if there's time, either pickled green beans or an Indian-style pickle. Bring a bottle of wine and a dish to share while we wait for the jars to cool. Post here or PM if you'd like to participate.

I've had quite a bit of interest so far. A few have asked some questions that I'll address here. The relish has to cook for a long time, so I will be prepping that myself before everyone comes over (10 lbs of onions - whee). We will prep and cook the jam once everyone gets here, and we'll do a double batch so that everyone gets some. This should take about 2-3 hours.

I say "can" the family ;) But I certainly understand having to change dates.

How about a receipe posting..... Please!

I will also share the receipes for Hot Pepper Jelly, pickled green beans, and a few other things I make and can.

I'm very sorry to say this, but I am going to have a family obligation on 7/28 that will prevent my hosting this event. Maybe later in the summer. :P