Flavor Sprays: Good Idea For Diet Food Or A Passing Fad?

squidsdc

I searched to see if anyone had posted about these but could not find a mention.

"I created this unique line of flavor sprays so people can enjoy the tastes of all of their favorite foods without experiencing the guilt. In all of my years of cooking and experimenting with spices, condiments, and flavors, I have never come across anything that can enhance the flavor of food this easily. We are living in a health-conscious society where people are constantly searching for a way to a healthier lifestyle - Flavor Spray is the solution, said Chef David Burke"

I was watching After Hours with Daniel on cable this evening, and they had a repeat of last season's finale. At the end of the show they showed more clips and conversations that didn't make it to the screen during the season. In one of the scenes, Daniel mentions David Burke's Flavor Sprays. Has anyone heard, seen or tried any of the sprays? I was thinking about sending a sampler as a gift to an Aunt who is diabetic, but thought I'd check here first to see if anyone knows anything about them and could give some input.

He should advertise this product on one of the "how-to" chat sites for anorexics. Sounds like a perfect means for them to pretend they are eating, without actually chewing and swallowing anything.

Looks like somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed today ;) (not the kind of input I was looking for...)

He should advertise this product on one of the "how-to" chat sites for anorexics. Sounds like a perfect means for them to pretend they are eating, without actually chewing and swallowing anything.

Several years ago, one of my former engineers explained that when he was on the wrestling team in college, they used to work like heck to max out their weight class (to gain a competitive advantage) without going over. Once the target weight was achieved, they'd skip meals by doing things like chewing gum while sniffing a bag of donuts, to get the olfactory sensation and mouthfeel of eating. ;)