F.R.V. 100

We just got in a sparkling gamay rosé from France. It is low in alcohol (7.5%) and akin to wines like Cerdon de Bugey.

The grower is Jean-Paul Brun.

The name of this wine is, "F.R.V. 100".

Now, those of you who speak French, sound that out slowly......

Get it? ;) Ha!

I have great respect for J.-P. Brun, whose Beaujolais blanc, regular Beaujolais rouge "l'Ancien," Fleurie, and Morgon are beautiful, transparent, singularly expressive wines. He's tried quite hard with the FRV-100, and it's fun (great label). But, honestly, it's no substitute for the best Cerdons de Bugey, which, for my palate, have a bit more delineation and minerality amidst all the frothy fun. Who knew poulsard was such an important element in the space of low alcohol, off-dry pink wines!

But, honestly, it's no substitute for the best Cerdons de Bugey, which, for my palate, have a bit more delineation and minerality amidst all the frothy fun. Who knew poulsard was such an important element in the space of low alcohol, off-dry pink wines!
I know I'm not alone when I say, "Translation, please." ;)

I know I'm not alone when I say, "Translation, please." :P

F.R.V. Cent pronounced in French sounds like: eff-air-vay-sont. Does that help? ;)

Bugey Cerdon Methode Ancestrale, Domaine Bernard Rondeau is available at Potomac Wines and Spirits, M St in Georgetown. Ace Beverage too?

@ $15.

F.R.V. Cent pronounced in French sounds like: eff-air-vay-sont. Does that help? ;)

Bugey Cerdon Methode Ancestrale, Domaine Bernard Rondeau is available at Potomac Wines and Spirits, M St in Georgetown. Ace Beverage too?

@ $15.

The bad pun I got. I was referring to who/what/where "Cerdons de Bugey" and "poulsard" were for us non-geeks.

The bad pun I got. I was referring to who/what/where "Cerdons de Bugey" and "poulsard" were for us non-geeks.

Aha. Bugey Cerdon is a fizzy rosé made from poulsard and gamay grapes. Bugey is east of Lyons near the foot of the Voges mountains. It has a perfect affinity for summer berries and even matches light chocolate desserts. It is slightly sweet, almost too easy to drink and clocks in around 7° alcohol.

Aha. Bugey Cerdon is a fizzy rosé made from poulsard and gamay grapes. Bugey is east of Lyons near the foot of the Voges mountains. It has a perfect affinity for summer berries and even matches light chocolate desserts. It is slightly sweet, almost too easy to drink and clocks in around 7° alcohol.
Merci, monsieur.

You can find it at Cheesetique.