I usually go to the Falls Church market, and last year, regularly bought fresh milk. This year, the dairy didn't come back after winter break. Has anyone found fresh milk at any of the other markets? I've been spoiled with the grass-fed, fresh milk and just can't drink the supermarket milk any more.

Pam :angry:

South Mountain Creamery sells dairy products at the Glenwood Farmer's Market where we sell our coffee. I'm not sure what I'm going to do this winter when the market season is over. We love their milk!
I'm sure most people know that South Mountain Creamery does home delivery of their milk, dairy, and meat products. Well, starting later this spring (possibly as soon as March), they will also start home delivery of fruit and vegetable, drawing from 22 different local organic farms. There isn't going to be an additional delivery fee if you already have their milk delivery.

I'm really looking forward to this as a supplement to the farmer's market. A great idea!

I'm sure most people know that South Mountain Creamery does home delivery of their milk, dairy, and meat products. Well, starting later this spring (possibly as soon as March), they will also start home delivery of fruit and vegetable, drawing from 22 different local organic farms. There isn't going to be an additional delivery fee if you already have their milk delivery.

I'm really looking forward to this as a supplement to the farmer's market. A great idea!

SoMo doesn't deliver to Fairfax!!! :D

Anyone know of a similar dairy that does???

I'm contemplating starting delivery from South Mountain Creamery, but as I live in an apartment I was wondering if anyone else has experience having delivery to a multi-unit building. Do you put a cooler outside? Is there a way to schedule the delivery for a specific time?

It seems like a great product and I used to have something similar when I lived in PA so I'd love to start it up again.

South Mountain Creamery has expanded their delivery area and covers much of Fairfax County. You can email them through http://smc.deliverybizpro.com/home.php and they will tell you whether your address is covered in their delivery area. Their dairy products are excellent, and for home cheesemakers their milk is not subject to high temperature pasteurization. I have gotten excellent ricotta yields from their whole milk, and their cream makes excellent butter. They also deliver a wider range of products such as meat or eggs from their farm as well as other local farms. Their pricing is competitive with supermarkets even with the delivery charge. Reliable, good, and local.