Ole Salad Mio becomes Hole, Invalid, Me Owe

another casualty on Connecticut Avenue...Ole Salad Mio has unexpectedly closed. It was located just south of Dupont, same block as the Big Hunt.

while surely no culinary epiphany was ever had at Mio...you know the type of place, downtown "deli," mediocre sandwiches from the grill, salad bar, hot bar with bad chinese...it served its purpose, especially when hungover and the body was cry for a little breakfast grease to kick start the work day.

Word on the street is that the owner came in over the weekend to remove whatever he could, pad locked the door and skipped town. Didn't tell his employees (who showed up this morning for work...on pay day no less) or the property manager.

My office was in the same building and I frequented the "smelly deli" for 5 years. While I agree with your comments, occasionally one winter they would have a decent Pho that they sold behind the counter.

another casualty on Connecticut Avenue...Ole Salad Mio has unexpectedly closed. It was located just south of Dupont, same block as the Big Hunt.

while surely no culinary epiphany was ever had at Mio...you know the type of place, downtown "deli," mediocre sandwiches from the grill, salad bar, hot bar with bad chinese...it served its purpose, especially when hungover and the body was cry for a little breakfast grease to kick start the work day.

Word on the street is that the owner came in over the weekend to remove whatever he could, pad locked the door and skipped town. Didn't tell his employees (who showed up this morning for work...on pay day no less) or the property manager.