Alexandria City Market

Del Ray is very small, and if Court House is closer definitely dont' go to Del Ray for the market. DO go for Cheesetique and Taqueria Poblano.

I haven't been to the Old Town market in a while, although it's the closest to me. I remember it being more flowers and crafts, vs. farmed food. Maybe someone else has been there more recently?

I go a bit further and venture to Arlington myself. OK, well with my husband, the pack horse!! I buy, he carries.

This surely can't be the main post for the Alexandria Farmer's Market, but this is what the index says. I ordered a box from Spring Valley Farm, you could drive up and get your box put in your car. The small box had- leaf lettuce, spinach, apples, cucumbers, sweet potatoes, tomatoes (one ripe, one I might be made into fried tomatoes to be honest), Brussel's sprouts and ramps. Excited to have some fresh veggies without having to have the anxiety of going into a store, or worrying about what may or may not be in stock when I get my Express Lane order.  

11 hours ago, ktmoomau said:

I ordered a box from Spring Valley Farm, you could drive up and get your box put in your car. The small box had- leaf lettuce, spinach, apples, cucumbers, sweet potatoes, tomatoes (one ripe, one I might be made into fried tomatoes to be honest), Brussel's sprouts and ramps.

Spring Valley is available at the following markets:

FRESHFARM DuPont Circle Market, D.C. Sunday 8:30 am to 1:30 pm
Westover Farmer's Market, Arlington, VA Sunday 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
Old Town Alexandria Farmer's Market, Alexandria, VA Saturday 7:00 am to 12:00 pm
FRESHFARM Silver Springs Market, Silver Springs MD Saturday 10:00 am to 1:00 pm
Falls Church Farmer's Market, Falls Church, VA Saturday 9:00 am to 12:00 pm PENDING

• Like 1

9 hours ago, deangold said:

Spring Valley is available at the following markets:

FRESHFARM DuPont Circle Market, D.C. Sunday 8:30 am to 1:30 pm
Westover Farmer's Market, Arlington, VA Sunday 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
Old Town Alexandria Farmer's Market, Alexandria, VA Saturday 7:00 am to 12:00 pm
FRESHFARM Silver Springs Market, Silver Springs MD Saturday 10:00 am to 1:00 pm
Falls Church Farmer's Market, Falls Church, VA Saturday 9:00 am to 12:00 pm PENDING

Just note, right now, you have to order ahead on their website in box sizes, and then just pick up.

• Thanks 1