Picnic at Belle Haven Park, Alexandria

hillvalley

Jacques' pulled pork simply rocked.  If it weren't for that ventworm cake (worth the price of admission by itself), I would have stuck a flag in it and declared the winner.

It speaks volumes about the magical effects of Gastreaux's tender butt on the fairer sex that, when I hinted to my wife on the way home that it would be really neat if we had a smoker of our own, her response was not: "In your f*cking dreams!" But rather: "Yeah, that would be awesome!"

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It speaks volumes about the magical effects of Gastreaux's tender butt on the fairer sex that, when I hinted to my wife on the way home that it would be really neat if we had a smoker of our own, her response was not: "In your f*cking dreams!" But rather: "Yeah, that would be awesome!"

Maybe it also speaks to the magical effects of the refreshments imbibed while eating said tender butt . . . :lol:

What a great way to spend an afternoon! So nice to put names with faces.

Everything was 'delish' -- special kudos to the B's for that amazing lamb sausage -- do we get to request recipes? (blue cheese walnut spread for the focaccia?)

special thanks to Ferhat for offering to send one of his spicy burgers home with me...Excuse me while I dab the corners of my mouth with my napkin... ahem, As I was saying... I tucked the rarest of them all in a ziplok bag, and just now gently reheated it for my lunch, perfectly medium and juicy, and great seasoning/spices...

...it takes me back to yesterday, and I am stuffed all over again! :lol:

4:21 and I'm only starting to consider the need for lunch! That HAS to be the sign of a great picnic!  Thanks, everybody!

Total eaten today:

Breakfast: half a yogurt

Lunch: apple

Dinner: two hours gym time

I volunteer to suffer through your attempts at trying to recreate Jacques work of art :lol:

And I was mildly amused to see someone bragging about having leftover pulled pork.  I didn't realize there was any.

Come on, there was a little left hanging onto the bone for dear life when we were cleaning up! :lol: