• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The current list:

Heather+3-oatmeal cookies and salad

Mrs. & Mr. B+2-SAUSAGES-(yes, that is what we, his eating public, demand!)

Mktye +1-BREAD

MelGold-cold Asian chicken salad

Barbara+1-Mediterranean potato salad, beer, brownies

Peanut +2 1) Greek salad of some sort

2) Whipped Feta

3) A yogurt dip (probably dried apricot and garlic)

4) Some other dip

5) Pita

Laniloa-brownies and green bean salad

Buckinghamilton& Diner Boy

Nadya-booze, fruit salad and caviar if she has any left

Ferhat-hurma & bbq

Erin-Wine and grill?

Cracker+1-lemon wings & paper goods

simdelish

Stretch+1 1/2-Summer chicken marinated in garlic and herbs. Avo/Kiwi sambal

hm212+2-

walrus & tripewriter-something sweet

Jacques Gastreaux-smoked butt

Rissa P-marinated pork bbq

mdt-Porchetta alla Nonna

bilrus+1?

shogun

I think we can say goodbye to any theme, unless Mediterranean pork bbq brownies counts :lol:

For those of you who are curious click here to read about last year's picnic.

Amazing what happens in a year.....Al's girlfriend is about to turn him into an honest man. Rocks may really exist. Sigh.

I am starting my one woman lobbying campaign for mktye's strawberry marshmellows. yummmmmmmmmmm

Looks like we're heavy on proteins and light on side dishes, so I may add a few Armenian-inspired veggie sides.

What are the rules of conduct in public parks, anyway? Should we arrange for a boombox and some groovy tunes? I can contribute my extensive collection of European house and lounge. It aids digestion and all this finger-snapping and toe-tapping expends some calories.

I am starting my one woman lobbying campaign for mktye's strawberry marshmellows.  yummmmmmmmmmm
What? You've finally run out of them?!? ;):P

All I can promise is that there will be a much higer probability of strawberry marshmallows than seeing Mr. mktye dance! :lol:

I will bring my iPod and speakers than run on batteries.  If anyone has requests i will try to get them downloaded before 5/22. :lol:

perfect warm weather, picnic music

B00070FV3Y.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

this is good too

B0001DMUBS.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

and this

B0007M22S4.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Does anyone have a hand crank ice cream maker?

I have an electric one, why? Did you want to have an ice cream making session at the picnic or do you want somebody to bring some homemade ice cream?

I have an electric one, why?  Did you want to have an ice cream making session at the picnic or do you want somebody to bring some homemade ice cream?

I thought it would be kind of cool to crank up a batch of ice cream at the picnic. The only trouble is that you need to cure the ice cream for a couple hours and thus it might take too long.

I thought it would be kind of cool to crank up a batch of ice cream at the picnic.  The only trouble is that you need to cure the ice cream for a couple hours and thus it might take too long.

How many gonads do you have? :lol:

Hi all, I'm new to the board (just got my ID cleared). Mktye alerted me to the site and the picnic and asked me to come along. I'm a pretty desserty person, so I'm sure I'll be bringing something sweet. Maybe a batch of coleslaw too, and the folks who don't like to see it on BBQ can just look the other direction. :lol:

I do have a hand-crank ice cream machine and am happy to bring it, along with some custard to churn. No real need to the ice cream to cure after churning, as long as you like a soft-serve consistency that'll melt pretty quickly. Just let me know, and I'll haul it along.

Hi all, I'm new to the board (just got my ID cleared).  Mktye alerted me to the site and the picnic and asked me to come along.  I'm a pretty desserty person, so I'm sure I'll be bringing something sweet.  Maybe a batch of coleslaw too, and the folks who don't like to see it on BBQ can just look the other direction.  :lol:

I do have a hand-crank ice cream machine and am happy to bring it, along with some custard to churn.  No real need to the ice cream to cure after churning, as long as you like a soft-serve consistency that'll melt pretty quickly.  Just let me know, and I'll haul it along.

If this bkeith of BCakes then dessert will be a great idea.

While I don't wish to belabor the obvious, it seems to me that if somebody wants to churn some ice cream, but is concerned about the "tempering" of it, the thing to do is to make the ice cream first--before the grills are fired up, etc. That way, it can have close to two hours to be packed and frozen, before we have stuffed ourselves on that dreamy-looking pulled pork and those sausages, et al.

Not having been to last year's picnic, I must thank hillvalley for posting those pictures. It shows that presentation matters with this crowd, even in the great outdoors--a fact I particularly appreciate. Thanks for the heads-up! :lol: I don't wish to subvert anyone's child. I actually had been wondering about serving dishes, etc. The Dollar Store on Columbia Road often has some plain, plastic table cloths (coverings?) which are always helpful. I'll keep an eye out for them. It beats eating off tables on which birds and other wildlife have doing whatever.

Given today's weather, it is surely fun to be thinking about eating good food outside in better weather.

Erin-Wine and grill?
Now it's Erin +1. It would be helpful if someone could bring a cooler that I can stash the wine and some ice in onsite (I forgot and sold mine last weekend in my yard sale ;):P:lol: ). The grill is still a maybe unless someone is willing to pick it up in College Park, since there is a good chance I will have sold my car by then and won't have a way to transport the grill.

Now it's Erin +1.  It would be helpful if someone could bring a cooler that I can stash the wine and some ice in onsite (I forgot and sold mine last weekend in my yard sale  ;)   :P   :lol: ).  The grill is still a maybe unless someone is willing to pick it up in College Park, since there is a good chance I will have sold my car by then and won't have a way to transport the grill.

are you gonna need a ride too ?

are you gonna need a ride too ?
Right now it looks like I won't, since I was planning on meeting my +1 at a metro downtown and catching a ride from there. Hmmm... maybe I could convince him to come get me AND the grill!

Thanks for asking, though! I will post if/when new developments occur...

It would be helpful if someone could bring a cooler that I can stash the wine and some ice in onsite (I forgot and sold mine last weekend in my yard sale  ;)   :P   :lol: ). 

I do have a cooler and an abundant supply of ice I can bring.

Oh..oh..oh..a ventworm cake please? Decorations should be obvious. :lol:

Shoot. That was going to be my surprise contribution. I thought the "kids" in the crowd would like it. ;) I guess I'll bring a less visual (read: boring) item like a side or perhaps nibbly hors d'oeuvres.

Shoot. That was going to be my surprise contribution. I thought the "kids" in the crowd would like it. :lol:   I guess I'll bring a less visual (read: boring) item like a side or perhaps nibbly hors d'oeuvres.

There can't possibly be too many ventworm cakes. I suppose you could always make the nuts. ;)

Shoot. That was going to be my surprise contribution. I thought the "kids" in the crowd would like it. :lol:   I guess I'll bring a less visual (read: boring) item like a side or perhaps nibbly hors d'oeuvres.

Don't let that comment stop you. I would love to see different desserts with a ventworm theme!