16 hours ago, dslee said:

Seylou Bakery's pizza night every Friday 6PM to 8PM.  I recommend pizza by the slice so you can preview what's offered and select your exact slices.  Seylou Bakery usually posts a notice on instagram hours before on every Friday.  I recommend checking their instagram site before heading over for their pizza night.

If their pizza is anything like the quality of their bread, would happily assume it's pretty good. 

2 minutes ago, lion said:

If their pizza is anything like the quality of their bread, would happily assume it's pretty good. 

Yes, the crust and toppings are high quality as the bread.  It is a matter of individual preference for the composition of the toppings.  Usually, 2 to 3 different compositions of pizzas are offered on Friday pizza night.  Occasionally on Saturdays around lunch time, 1 to 2 different compositions of pizza by the slice are offered.  

19 hours ago, Tweaked said:

Vace!

Even though I haven't tried them yet, I'd have to say Wiseguy Pizza would need consideration.

The soon to be open Tino's Pizza is Cleveland Park look like they are aiming for big things, they recently installed a Marra Forni pizza oven.

@DonRocks - Have you still not tried Vace?  It's our go-to since we live a few blocks away and it's really cheap relative to the alternatives.

I'll avoid commenting on other favorites since they're all in MD rather than DC.

2 hours ago, zgast said:

@DonRocks - Have you still not tried Vace?  It's our go-to since we live a few blocks away and it's really cheap relative to the alternatives.

I'll avoid commenting on other favorites since they're all in MD rather than DC.

Oh, I had Vace probably twenty-years ago - I guess I haven't been in a couple of years, but I don't see them changing a whole lot (I like it very much).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DonRocks said:

Oh, I had Vace probably twenty-years ago - I guess I haven't been in a couple of years, but I don't see them changing a whole lot (I like it very much).

Vace is close by where I work. I tried to like their pizza. Maybe its the sauce. I was similarly unimpressed with their meatball sub. 

35 minutes ago, Mark Slater said:

Vace is close by where I work. I tried to like their pizza. Maybe its the sauce. I was similarly unimpressed with their meatball sub. 

Vace is workaday pizza similar to The Italian Store (although I prefer it to The Italian Store, mainly because the latter's crust has an annoying yeasty aroma) - nothing special  either place, but not bad - Vace is more sauce-driven, TIS is more cheese-driven.

I"d throw in Fireworks/Arlington Pizza.  It has always had terrific, ingenious, tasty, excellent toppings.  Possibly 4 years ago it dramatically improved its base pizza.  I frankly think it is a positive now.  

I have no idea about all the pizzas in the region.  I am NOT or no longer all that enthused by 2Amy's.  There are others I like better.   But I'd definitely give Fireworks/Arlington kudos.

In fact try it.  FW/Arlington has a tremendous variety of beers, a tremendous inventory of beers under the sun and great pizza.  You won't regret it.

• Like 1

Has anyone tried the new Sonny's Pizza on Georgia Ave, near Howard? I've only been once, not sure what my verdict is quite yet because the pizza itself is quite unusual and feels like it's in a category by itself in the area.  The best way I can describe it is an elevated version of elementary school cafeteria pizza -- baked in a pan, Sonny's pizza is definitely not about the crust. But the toppings on the two pizzas we got our one visit were super high quality.  Here's their menu.

In DC, we still head for 2Amys (in part because of apps and desserts), but, in general, we skew toward MD these days — generally either Frankly (Arugula) or DaMarco (Salame).  CS has sort of fallen out of the rotation, except around holidays (when the foosball fans return to the nest), but I think it has a wider variety of pizzas that I like than any of the others.  Pizza functions as a comfort food for me, so I’m more inclined to head toward an environment that I appreciate and that has reliably good pizza than to go on a quest to find the best pizza.

• Like 1