Le Chat Noir and Le Chat Perché, Owners Samuel and Mary Ziar on Wisconsin Avenue in Tenleytown

If you are in Tenleytown on a Thursday, Friday or Saturday night, visit the wine lounge (upstairs at Le Chat Noir) for a complimentary wine tasting. It was quite generous, as we tasted 7 different wines, with complimentary hors d'oeuvres. A nice way to spend an hour or so with friends, although perhaps it wasn't the best place for our 7 month old, but the staff was very gracious on that front.

I ate lunch here the other day and the venue was divine--I felt like I was in Paris!  The food was pretty good too.  It was a gorgeous day so everybody ate out on the patio.  I had escargots (good and buttery), croque monsieur (good - better than the one I had at Central but not as good as a freshly made one at La Madeleine).  Bread and butter was good.  Best of all was the dessert - a wonderful egg? tart topped with strawberries and raspberries.  It was as delicious as it looked and may have been better than any dessert I had in France last year.  I'd like to try their steak frites so maybe I'll drag my husband here for my birthday.  C'est une bonne idea, ca.

I ate lunch here the other day and the venue was divine--I felt like I was in Paris!  The food was pretty good too.  It was a gorgeous day so everybody ate out on the patio.  I had escargots (good and buttery), croque monsieur (good - better than the one I had at Central but not as good as a freshly made one at La Madeleine).  Bread and butter was good.  Best of all was the dessert - a wonderful egg? tart topped with strawberries and raspberries.  It was as delicious as it looked and may have been better than any dessert I had in France last year.  I'd like to try their steak frites so maybe I'll drag my husband here for my birthday.  C'est une bonne idea, ca.

Ok. I can't be the only person who read this and was like, huh? Hopsing, was this meal at the H street location or Tenleytown?

Ok. I can't be the only person who read this and was like, huh? Hopsing, was this meal at the H street location or Tenleytown?

Sorry, I didn't realize they had 2 locations.  It was in Tenleytown like the title of this thread.

lekkerwijn, if there's an H Street location, I don't know about it. Le Chat Noir opened Le Grenier - could that be what you're referring to?