Good afternoon.  Long time lurker to the forum.  I enjoy trying out new spots in DC and environs.

Hi - new user here.  Looking forward to participating.

Zach

Good afternoon.  Long time lurker to the forum.  I enjoy trying out new spots in DC and environs.

Welcome, Zach and ccole - please don't hesitate to ask our members if there's anything you need, either on the Help Needed thread, or you can also write me via PM.

Hi all, Gwendolyn here, a long time lurker, food industry/history/creation enthusiast, consistently dancing on the edges of the industry as I've moved through academia. Upon moving to DC for a final degree, I discovered this board through egullet.org, and it has proven to be a most valuable resource (and entertaining, of course). While unable to travel abroad during my studies, what a joy it has been to taste other sunsets and landscapes through the region's restaurants, and if I'm lucky, learn about the sacrifices the cooks, owners, and dishes have had to make to assimilate and thrive. This year marks a transition where I may well embark on a journey back into working in a professional kitchen, setting my degree aside. I look forward to sharing stories and knowledge (if I have any to give) with this community!

Hello. Long time lurker, new member. Looking forward to being able to post my own food & dining questions and provide answers to your questions.

Hello. Long time lurker, new member. Looking forward to being able to post my own food & dining questions and provide answers to your questions.

Love the confidence! Welcome, curls. :)

Just so we know what types of questions to ask, what are your areas of expertise, both cognitively and locationally?

Love the confidence! Welcome, curls. :)

Just so we know what types of questions to ask, what are your areas of expertise, both cognitively and locationally?

Thank you for the welcome to your site! I have a bit of experience in cooking, baking, and candy making... hopefully I can add to those discussions on this forum.

• Like 1

Hi all my name is David.  Recently really taken an interest in food and expanding my palate, and have really made it a point to get into the DC restaurant scene over the past year.  Looking forward to chatting with like minded individuals on this site!

Hi DR Community - I'm certain I've posted before but I think it was 10-15 years ago!  I'm in NE DC, where the food situation is getting better but still has a ways to go! 

• Like 1

Hello everyone! Long time lurker and figured now is the time to finally get an account. Have a couple friends that are in the industry around town so they tend to lead me around food and drink wise. I would say my beer would be my specialty so hopefully I can help out with those questions.

Rich

• Like 1

Hi All,

I'm a local to Bethesda and have been interested in food as long as I can remember. Love venturing into DC  to eat and the restaurant scene here more than satisfies. There's so much exciting stuff happening in this city: we've got our own sassy food critic, trendy restaurants literally stacked upon each other, and most importantly really really amazing food ( From the Seafood Platter at Fiola Marie to bethesda's own Chicken on the Run). 

Can't wait to dish with all of y'all. And yes, that pun was very intended :P 

• Like 1

I am Frank, I live in Orange Beach, Alabama, a "resort town" on the Gulf Coast.  I do a lot of cooking and am always looking for new ideas.

• Like 1

Hi, I'm Jeff, and I joined the forum when the guy in front of me got the last chicken at Pollo Rico and I had to wait 20 minutes for a fresh batch (still worth it).

My special interests are coffee and beer (but I'm not a psychopath?) and as a new parent, I'm most interested to learn about good takeout in Arlington. Current rotation: Pollo Rico, Bangkok 54, Taqueria El Poblano, Delhi Club, Ravi Kabob, Peter Chang, and Pete's Apizza.

New member here. Philly area. Came to DR through a mention on eGullet. Looks like a great place

Cheers!

New member here. Philly area. Came to DR through a mention on eGullet. Looks like a great place

Cheers!

Awesome - please help us with the Philly listings! I only get up there a couple of times a year, and since I always have to have a cheesesteak (I was born in Philly), and usually a stop at Zahav, I don't get to explore too many new places.

Hi All,

Just want to introduce myself, I am Tim, and I travel quite extensively for work. Hope to see some of you soon on my trips!

Hey, everyone! New to both DC and this forum, but looking forward to exploring both. I wouldn't say I have specific expertise in anything, so I'm mostly looking forward to hearing advice from all of you, but I have gotten in a few amazing restaurants since I've been in the city, so I'd love to contribute some of my experiences, as well!

Hello everyone,

I decided to introduce myself. I will be moving to Washington for a few months at the end of April, and am looking forward to knowing more about the dining scene there. I will also be traveling to some places in Virginia (Richmond, Norfolk, Williamsburg); New York, Chicago, Milwaukee, Minneapolis and Boston at least during my time in the US. Looking forward to any recommendations at these cities from any of the forum members!

Hey all. Ive been a kind of fan from afar of this message board for some time now - I often saw posts referenced on other blogs and so on. Not sure why it took me so long to sign up and start posting. Im already loving the interaction and community I've seen so far. Hope I can contribute something. I'm mostly found in the north Arlington area and Capitol Hill, with occasional work stops in Hampden (Baltimore). Not in the industry, though did a little back of house and retail in high school/college.

...btw, anyone know where I can grab a decent bite to eat?

Hello,

I have read the message board in the past, but never signed up until now. I live in Arlington and enjoy eating out, cooking, and good beer.

Greetings!  I'm TMHALL - a name which is both generic enough and easily recognizable if anyone's worried that I'm hiding behind a pseudonym.  I love, love, love food and am eager to be a part of this community.  Looking forward to all good things!

Thank you for having me,

TMHALL

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, TMHALL said:

Thank you for having me,

Thank *you* for having *us*. I'd like to write all new members individually - I'm out of town at the moment, but will be back soon, and am still online everyday for several hours - you all will be hearing from me, but I wanted to say "Thank you!" publicly for joining our community. You are every bit as welcome here as our cherished, veteran members. Cheers! Rocks

Hi Everyone

First post! 

A little about me, I'm a 28 year old living in Courthouse/Arlington(Typical terrible millennial!), working now for the DC Government. Wasn't really into food but after earning money and realizing a mediocre meal costs X but for a few extra dollars you could get a much better one, I started exploring. I really put it into overdrive about a year and a half ago with a friend who was moving away. We used to do one new restaurant a week, every Wednesday. Started with mostly the Eater 38, even going as far as searching the archives and creating a spreadsheets for older restaurants.  I'm making a pilgrimage to Alinea in Chicago in June, might wear my GoPro during the entire meal (kidding). 

A few of my dining out philosophies

1. I only care about the food, service/decor is a distant 2nd or 3rd. Of course there are exceptions like waiting 1.5 for your meal but I don't let something like asking repeatedly for more water or brusque tone bother me (i.e. some of my friends find the ordering at Pho 75 offputing, to me its just cultural)

2. I don't post on yelp or any other forum(until now), I think complaining on yelp is weak (everyone is a tough guy behind a screen), DC I think does a fantastic job regarding service and in the rare occurrence of an issue most places go above and beyond to rectify the situation. 

3. I don't mind spending money on a great meal but also love the lower end as well. I majored in Econ so I'm always trying to find that perfect $ for quality equilibrium.

Looking forward to posting and getting to know all of you all 

• Like 3