Please Introduce Yourselves

curiouskitkatt

Industry Associate.....I am with the mid-Atlantic's largest independent wholesale distributor of restaurant supplies/equipment and proud to be a member of the Baltimore/Washington restaurant community. I have the good fortune to dine at a lot of restaurants in the region and I am always looking for feedback/tips about those that I visited and others that I may want to try. Looking forward to becoming an active participant in the DonRockwell family.

Hello Everyone! My wife and I are fairly new to the D.C. area and love to eat! We are looking for new and exciting places to dine in and around the MD/D.C. area and will post accordingly when we find some good spots. Looking forward to seeing everyone at the next dinner...

Hiya, folks! As new-ish residents to DC, but certainly not to its dining scene, my husband and I look forward to sharing our foodie adventures with you. We live in the Bloomingdale neighborhood of Washington, DC, but have been known to roam far and wide for good BBQ. Got any tips? :)

Hiya, folks! As new-ish residents to DC, but certainly not to its dining scene, my husband and I look forward to sharing our foodie adventures with you. We live in the Bloomingdale neighborhood of Washington, DC, but have been known to roam far and wide for good BBQ. Got any tips? :)

It is a hike but I knows a guy who loves BBQ to the point when he talks about he starts looking like a rabid fox. He can not stop singing its praises of 'The BBQ Exchange" in Gordonsville VA - http://www.bbq-exchange.com/.

Hello to All,

I recently moved to the Alexandria / old town area and work for Sysco Foods of Eastern Maryland. I read a great article about this site in the Washington Paper and wanted to join the group so here I am. I thought this would be a great way to get to know the area better and start to enjoy all that this area has to offer in the dining experience. It is a bit overwhelming living here after coming from the lower eastern shore of MD but im sure with this site and your opinions I will be able to find my favorite go to spots soon.

Hello to All,

I recently moved to the Alexandria / old town area and work for Sysco Foods of Eastern Maryland. I read a great article about this site in the Washington Paper and wanted to join the group so here I am. ....

Welcome JoshBullis. You're the first person I've welcomed since joining, not long ago myself! We are in Old Town too. Look forward to comparing notes! Have you been out to Old Town's restaurant scene much?

JD

Hello all --- I'm Mary, a foodie from way back, now living in VA.

Annandale, to be exact: and pleased that as it turns out Annandale has all kinds of unanticipated food options to explore. I'm looking forward to hearing everybody's opinions about the eats around the Washington area. Gardening, vegetables and history/ethnography and botany are other interests, so there's lots to explore.

Glad to be here.

Yesvirginia

Hello all,

I've been a lurker ever since the Wash Post article, and finally decided to participate. What a great resource! I'm not in the food industry, but do like to eat. I live in Bethesda (so as you can imagine, I have my choice of cuisine!)

Jonathan

Hello all,

I've been a lurker ever since the Wash Post article, and finally decided to participate. What a great resource! I'm not in the food industry, but do like to eat. I live in Bethesda (so as you can imagine, I have my choice of cuisine!)

Jonathan

Jonathan, I'm guilty of the same vice...lurking without joining! But the planets have aligned, and I will now (with some luck) become a regular poster here. I live in McLean, VA for part of the year, and Providence, RI for the rest, so I get the wonderful opportunity to compare the sprouting food scene there with the blooming one here.

Cheers!

Hello Everyone,

I work for the fed government and run the Eat Lionfish campaign, which is designed to promote the harvest and consumption of lionfish, which has become an invasive species threatening reefs from North Carolina to Florida and throughout the Caribbean. I'm also a long-time foodie and devoted amateur chef with primary life experience in Italian cooking. I'm always glad to connect with like-minded people!

Renata

Hello Everyone,

I work for the fed government and run the Eat Lionfish campaign, which is designed to promote the harvest and consumption of lionfish, which has become an invasive species threatening reefs from North Carolina to Florida and throughout the Caribbean. I'm also a long-time foodie and devoted amateur chef with primary life experience in Italian cooking. I'm always glad to connect with like-minded people!

Renata

Hi Renata,

Would you start a "Lionfish" thread in either Shopping & Cooking forum, or the Restaurants & Dining forum, and make a list of the stores and wholesalers (in Shopping & Cooking) or restaurants (in Restaurants & Dining) currently serving lionfish? I'm not sure I've ever seen it at a restaurant, at least not by this name. I'd be more than happy to dwindle their population.

Cheers,

Rocks

Hello.

This is my first post. I live in Northern Virginia and work in DC (10 years - not food related). "Food and beverage" has evolved into a strong hobby for me. I have always felt the reviews on this site (what limited ones I had access to) were the best around and decided to join. Looking forward to it. -Tony

Thanks for all of the wonderful first-hand accounts and inside info over the years. For instance, DR gave me much hope during the long-game of a tease that was Acqua al Due's opening here. Not sure why it has taken me so long to become an official member! My lurking days are over (well, maybe....).

Sorry, I did not realize it would be in keeping with the spirit of the site to post this before or after my first posting. I have been overworked and overextended for that past few years as the organization I work for has grown like topsy, so my posts have been fewer than I had imagined. Would that I could compose them on a computer rather than in my head as I walk from the restaurant to my home or a meeting, they would be tenfold. I am very excited that I was accepted to this site and hope as I catch up I will have time to communicate my thoughts and read more of yours.

Heathcote.

Hello! My name is Jon, and I am looking forward to exploring the world of food in the DC metro area. At first it didn't seem like the eats could stack up to some other major US cities I've lived in, but it's looking like there are a ton of gems if you're willing to look. Look forward to eating your recommendations!

First time poster, long time reader. I wanted to get more involved in the conversations/community. I have always admired the site for its candor and rather astute commentary on food and the restaurant community. As a professional fine dinning cook, and an avid eater, I believe I can offer some insight. Looking forward to joining the conversation. Thanks

-Carl Dooley

Found this site randomly through a D.C. food blog and I've gotta say hallelujah/alhamdulillah/phew. After 11 months in D.C. (after growing up around and living in Philly for all my life) I was beginning to get more than a little concerned that few people cared much about food, drink, and the dining experience in D.C.

I'm happy to be proved wrong. My name is Don. I live in the Eastern Market area, hope to cook some mackerel tonight and work at a popular wine bar. I'm looking forward to meeting some cool people and sharing thoughts on the D.C. dining scene.

My best dining experience to date has been- Proof.

My worst- Sticky Rice.

Hello all! Great to be here. My name is Michael, I'm in the industry, or getting in the industry more accurately. Since I've learned about the existence of DR, I've been stuck here soaking up knowledge and perspective. :)

I love great food, memorable dining experiences, and a good pub. It's great to read the reviews presented here, and I've gotta say - much more helpful to me than Yelp.

Thanks for having me!

:) First Post ever....

Hello to all. A brief introduction- I'm Kathryn Hull- recent addition to the staff at Corduroy. I am interested in learning more about this city through other people that work at other restaurants. A " dining tour guide " of sorts, I am in search for- the more the merrier. Anyone interested in filling this position or at least giving me some direction is well appreciated. It seems that HH at FF is the place to go to get started- but any other suggestions I would love as well.

Hi all. New user, and for my first post I'll give my vote on food taste alone to Ravi Kabob I in Ballston over Kabob Palace in Crystal City. But having said that, there's something I prefer about the "atmosphere" and all-are-welcome clientele at Kabob Palace.

Hi all,

I'm Jon. I've read the site occasionally for the past couple years. I live in Colombia Heights and love eating out and trying new places. I write the food blog http://www.sogoodblog.com which focuses on food marketing and food as pop culture. I launched the site in 2007, and have been eating a swath through DC since 2004, so there is really no reason I wasn't on Don Rockwell years ago. This week I vowed to finally join this site and Yelp, so here I am!

Hello all, I have finally registered with Don Rockwell, though I've been reading for several years. I live in Bethesda, MD and grew up in a family of caterers, so food has been my life for as long as I can remember. I'm an international communications consultant, so I get to travel all around the world and sample some really amazing restaurants. I'm so proud that Washington has become a foodie city in the past decade, and am so glad I finally joined the Rockwell community.

Cheers!

Teresa

Hi Everyone,

My name is Thomas. It's great to find a forum like this. Although I am on the consumption side of food industry, I believe it's my calling to start a restaurant in DC, where I think great strides have been made in the last decade. Some of my favorite haunts are 2Amys, Black Salt, Komi since they first opened, and all my restaurant friends have been talking about Palena non-stop so I need to get there asap. I actually do not religiously follow the critics, I seem to get a much better and earlier scoop from those in the industry at my favorite places. In fact, the overly drawn out reverence for the Citronelles and ego-feeding establishments of DC have, in my opinion, historically slowed down the infusion of great restaurants in DC and perpetuated an old guard that was very harmful to our foodie evolution. My hope was to find other folks who are in-the-know and this seems like the perfect place!

Greetings -- After reading posts for several years, I'm glad to be joining the fray. I live in Arlington, work in DC, and restaurants are my favorite hobby. Some favorites include Ashby Inn (for Tarver King's cooking); Taqueria El Poblano (with little ones); Pizzeria Paradiso (in Georgetown) and Pizzeria Orso; drinks and rolls at Sei; and takeout from Lebanese Taverna Market.

Hello Don Rockwell Community. My name is Kathy and while I have been an avid reader of this site for some time, this is my first post. By way of introduction, I am someone that lives to dine and DC has been my food home base for the last five years. I also write about my experiences -- the good, the bad, and the just plain bizarre at: eatingarounddc.blogspot.com

I am looking forward to joining the discussion!

Hi, I'm MAJ. I've been living in NoVA for about 6 months and look forward to geting more into the NoVa dining scene. I miss the good Indian dining from London (my last home) and good Mexican food from California (my home before that). Starting to explore the Savadorian and Thai restaurants of this area.