Cakelove, Warren Brown's Visionary (Admit It) Cupcake Empire - Shifting Business Models and Closed Dec 31, 2015

Don -- i have seen a growing flood of recipes (Yummly and elsewhere) for meals in a jar -- yogurt parfaits, caprese salads, etc. This development indicates the trend might be spreading from "make at home" to "buy."  This guy was ahead of the curve once, maybe he can catch lightning in a bottle, I mean jar, again.

Jars are good because you can recycle and reuse them.

Keep an eye on this!

Yuck!

I understand the general concept of a parfait, or a tiramisu, but man, I'm not sure this food-in-a-jar concept appeals to me in the general case.

This is getting a little too close to being Space Food Sticks.

Still, I guess we have today's version in Energy Bars - I'm not their target audience, so I'm going to button my lip on this one and wish them well as I dine on sautéed fish, a baked potato, some greens, and a glass of wine. Of course, unbeknownst to me, my fish will probably be bagged at Cuisine Solutions and frozen.

I think it's time I learn how to boil an egg. Of course, that egg will probably come from a factory farm, but what am I to do?

I readily admit my mind doesn't work normally, but I see a parallel between the diminishing amount of free time we have and the shrinking pitch in airline seats.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images