The Birthday Thread

JPW

My little girl turns 18 tomorrow, my little boy turned 22 on Saturday, I will not mention what age I reached last Thursday. :lol: I'm feeling all Sunrise/Sunset all of a sudden :)

Oh my. Belated wishes to you and Dylan and on-time blessings to Nora. Look at it this way: you are all younger than I am. :)

I just happened upon a document, purely by accident and under an apparently working but not entirely accurate Bregeut ( after Yevgeny's but before the retour en vol), that it seems I was not meant to discover:

Geburtsurkunde

(Standesamt II -- Munchen ----- Nr redact

redact ist am --,-------, 196- in Munchen, ----Cincinnatistrasse 64-----geboren.

Eltern: Marquis Carl Landrum, protestanisch und Cecile Susan Landrum, geborre Shure, mosaisch...

Anderungen des Geburtseinstrags:----------

Munchen, den redact

Der Standesbeamte

In Vertretung

redact

And then it is sealed with a 50 Pfenig stamp, so you know it must be true, in addition to the Ventretungitude of it all.

WTF?

And really? Mosaisch? In Nineteen-sixty-whatever? By the good Germans?

Happy fucking birthday surprise.

I just happened upon a document, purely by accident and under an apparently working but not entirely accurate Bregeut ( after Yevgeny's but before the retour en vol), that it seems I was not meant to discover:

Geburtsurkunde

(Standesamt II -- Munchen ----- Nr redact

redact ist am --,-------, 196- in Munchen, ----Cincinnatistrasse 64-----geboren.

Eltern: Marquis Carl Landrum, protestanisch und Cecile Susan Landrum, geborre Shure, mosaisch...

Anderungen des Geburtseinstrags:----------

Munchen, den redact

Der Standesbeamte

In Vertretung

redact

And then it is sealed with a 50 Pfenig stamp, so you know it must be true, in addition to the Ventretungitude of it all.

WTF?

And really? Mosaisch? In Nineteen-sixty-whatever? By the good Germans?

Happy fucking birthday surprise.

[You know ...

it's 3 fucking 30 in the morning, and I'm STILL working.

You posted this 15 minutes ago, and I just now found it. I have NO idea what the hell you're talking about, but it made me laugh just because you probably think, in whatever altered state you're in, that it's ingenious. Thanks, I think. I should probably sleep, but I probably won't.

Insomnia: a curse

made worse

by the terse,

and the nurse

who purloins

your purse,

and who purrs

when she nurses

your loins,

and who curses

tersely, worse

laying a wake.

Note the ABBA format, dancing queens.

I just wrote that on the spot! Back downstairs for some more Don Julio Reposado.]

Cheers,

Rocks

[You know ...

it's 3 fucking 30 in the morning, and I'm STILL working.

You posted this 15 minutes ago, and I just now found it. I have NO idea what the hell you're talking about, but it made me laugh just because you probably think, in whatever altered state you're in, that it's ingenious. Thanks, I think. I should probably sleep, but I probably won't.

Note the ABBA format....

Cheers,

Rocks

It means I'm really psyched about the Bregeut.

And Pushkin never wrote in ABBA.

Although Lermontov hacked away in whatever.

Happy Birthday Zora! Hope you have a great day and have somebody cook a meal for you that tastes as good as the food you cook. I'm not sure such a person exists :)

Thanks for the good (and Mexican) wishes. I had a wonderful dinner at Palena--that heavenly consomme with cockscomb and foie gras was one of my courses. Frank Ruta operates on a level of genius and mastery that I can only bow in total awe of. A welcome reminder that I am a plodding pedestrian where great cooks soar as eagles do.

The Birthday Thread is now pinned so it's easier to find at the top of the page to wish one of our members a happy birthday! Because each and everyone's birthday on here is super important.

So, I'm here to wish all our birthday boys and girls today a HOPPIN one!! (this means you jparrott.)

It's four minutes after midnight, so Scott Johnston - you can start celebrating now!! (Hope you are having fun on your bday!)

Scott, it is not a dream, it really is your Birthday. I am so happy to be celebrating with you (despite your protests about some sort of calendar mistake). I love you so.

Happiest birthdays of birthdays to ktmoomau!! Hope you have a wonderful celebration!

Also belated celebrations to DaRiv18 and poolboy!

You are all wonderful members to our little community. :-)

Thank you, thank you! Happy Birthday to Bimbo my fellow birthday companion on the board. And of course to the President, as well. I wonder where he is eating tonight.

There is nothing better I can say about this site's patriarch on his birthday than this: my life has been appreciably more fun since I discovered this little site (which isn't so little anymore). Happy birthday. I owe you a glass of bubbly (or maybe half my bottle) when next we meet.