The Birthday Thread

JPW

Happy Birthday, Don. I was about to write that this site has made my life so much better over the last 6 years, but honestly, it's you that have made my life better by running it. Thanks for all that do here, and may your birthday be filled with wonderful food and wine and spent with the people you love.

Happy birthday to the love of my life, Waitman :wub:

2/23 is a tough day but Galactic will soothe my soul as I hold him tight and won't let go.

RIP to my niece Margaux :( (and the other 4 teens that perished with her on 2/23/96) in south FL.

Don't take anything for granted people, she was only 13.

I suppose the Hughley trial made this very raw.

I don't like the birthday thread because I think it's exclusionary (everyone deserves a happy birthday), but this is an interesting mix, so happy birthday to merei mary, Ericandblueboy, Halloween, RJ Cooper, and DC Segway User, all five of whom have enlivened this website up in their own ways, at their own times. I long for the days when I had time to change everyone's name on their birthday (half the people probably don't even remember what I'm talking about, sigh).

Ah, what the hell - once more for old time's sake, eh?

I don't care for this thread (since every single member deserves a "Happy Birthday"), but I want to say Happy 18th Birthday to my adult son, Matt.

I'm doing things (three in particular) for Matt that he will not find out about for up to six months, but rest assured they're *all* because I love him.

He won't see this, or I wouldn't be writing it.

• Like 4

Happy birthday to both (yes, both!) of my parents, born 95-years-ago today.

Their positions in the grave reflect the same side of the bed in which they slept.

Married on Sep 6, 1946 when they were 23, just after my father got back from Japan.

I'll always love you, mom and dad - you were the best parents any kid could ever have had.

Mom&Dad.jpg

• Like 7