dr.com Colorado Kitchen Takeover

DonRocks

How are folks getting there? wmata wants me to metro to fort totten then take the E4 bus over. is there an easier mass transit way, or is anybody driving from downtown up there? :(
If you metro to Takoma I could pick you up. (I have room for two more.)

How are folks getting there? wmata wants me to metro to fort totten then take the E4 bus over. is there an easier mass transit way, or is anybody driving from downtown up there? :(
Have you considered the S2/S4 Metrobus? Straight up 16th, and fairly frequent.

Let's see ... 16th and U to ... Colorado? Whatever. Have a good time.

Okay, we're all set for 6 PM. HV, I count 41 people including you. Please everyone show up, and if any whimmers want to attend, please post here - I suspect there may not be any last-minute takers, but if there are, you should post here first just to make sure 15 extra people don't show up (CK can handle 5-6 more).

[Name tags, folks. We need name tags!]

In my book there are two components for a "great" dining experience: good food and good company. Tonight, both were in abundance.

Thanks to Gillian & Robin & staff for the former and to Don for the latter. This was truly a "great" evening.

Sounds like everything went okay?

It was much better than okay, a great evening of food and friends. With sparkling chardonnay, puff pastry with shrimp mousse (snack), plates of tasty fried food, and tables full of dr.com folks old and new, how could it not.

Thanks to everyone at Colorado Kitchen for all the hard work!

The fried chicken was fantastic - but the catfish was better.

Thanks to Gillian and Robin, to their crack staff who came in on their day off and did an amazing job, and especially to the server who was clearly 9 months pregnant, but still slinging tubs of dishes like they were full of feathers.

Thanks again to everybody who helped organize this. The food and company were excellent and I look forward to getting back there soon. I think the catfish beat out the chicken by a whisker.

Actually the final count was Chicken 23; Catfish 19

And Rebekah is having a baby girl in late February.

Glad everyone had a good time. Next time don't feel like you have to bring your own beverages. We had plenty of beer chilling and plenty of wine at the ready.

We had plenty of beer chilling and plenty of wine at the ready.

And what a delightful little beer list it is. Our table made a little dent in it (that imperial oatmeal stout = awesometown), but I look forward to going back and knowing that there are interesting, delicious beers to accompany the interesting, delicious food.

Beer and wine will be available for an additional charge. I had a glass of Verdejo with the catfish and it was a perfect match, and Gillian recently raved about the sparkling Chardonnay as an accompaniment to the fried chicken. Colorado Kitchen is also serving some of the most interesting beers in town right now.

However, Gillian and Robin are also graciously allowing us to bring our own wines for no additional charge! So it's time to reach deep into your cellars, grab a few bottles, and bring them on in to enjoy. I will ask anyone bringing their own wines to ALSO BRING THEIR OWN STEMWARE AND CORKSCREW. It's only fair, since there's no corkage fee, that we don't expect to use Colorado Kitchen's wine glasses - so open 'em up and pour 'em yourselves.

I remembered the second paragraph and not the first, and assumed that we were supposed to bring our own wine. Oops.

Actually the final count was Chicken 23; Catfish 19

And Rebekah is having a baby girl in late February.

Glad everyone had a good time. Next time don't feel like you have to bring your own beverages. We had plenty of beer chilling and plenty of wine at the ready.

Sorry Chef! I too read Don's note wrong and assumed we were supposed to bring our own beer and wine. Thanks for understanding - and having us!