Absinthe, Pastis, Anisette et al

Banco

Okay, now the bar has REALLY been raised.

Marteau is now available in Washington, D.C.

marteaugreen300dpiir2.th.png

Just read the wonderful reviews from the hard-core absinthe enthusiasts at WormwoodSociety.org, the Internet's most authoritative absinthe resource. This is the one that we've been waiting for.

The main guy behind this is owner/moderator of WWSociety. One of the consultants is/was Brian Robinson(aka Shabba on WWS.com and one of the supplementary moderators) from here in the DC area.

This coin has two sides: Absinthe made by the people who know and love it the most.

Absinthe reviewed and made popular by the people who talk about it the most.

I'll be curious to weigh it against it's competition.

136°, yikes! This sounds really expensive.

Well, yes and no. Certainly for an American one, yes. Tastes fantastic, though, the best I've had. It's got balance!

The main guy behind this is owner/moderator of WWSociety. One of the consultants is/was Brian Robinson(aka Shabba on WWS.com and one of the supplementary moderators) from here in the DC area.

This coin has two sides: Absinthe made by the people who know and love it the most.

Absinthe reviewed and made popular by the people who talk about it the most.

I'll be curious to weigh it against it's competition.

Point well taken, but the way I see it is, this is the one guy who cannot afford to offer anything less than a first-rate product, or his own readers would crucify him. I think that these are the people who would most likely scream that the Emperor has no clothes. And with all of the options now available, it would be suicidal for him to lay an egg with this.

I believe that you will be REALLY pleased with this :P

No reason to give up on others, such as Kübler, for the same reason that one keeps a good blended Scotch whisky along with a great single malt. Different absinthes for different applications.

*Edit - I have learned that Brian Robinson did NOT consult on Marteau, I'm not sure where that idea came from. Brian isn't affiliated with any brand, as that would obviously present a conflict of interests with his position as review editor for Wormwoodsociety.org. Gwydion Stone developed the formula for Marteau over the last four years, designed and did the art for the label and packaging, and he distills the absinthe himself personally, and will continue to do so until demand makes it impractical and he has to train assistants.