A&J, The Tang Family's Fine Taiwan-Based Chain in Rockville and Annandale

2 hours ago, gnatharobed said:

Happy Anniversary! We are honored to be your special occasion restaurant. Thank you so much for your support. We are getting ready to sign on with UberEats so you can also have A&J delivered soon. We had too many issues with DoorDash. 

Debbie:  Yours has been among the very best carry-out options we've enjoyed -- thanks so much for making such delicious food so affordable!

• Like 2
  • Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Both Annandale and Rockville are on Uber Eats now!  We also have a new website.  https://www.aandjrestaurant.com Big thanks to DanielK for his feedback on the website and to deangold for his help

We are testing two new menu items and I would love to get feedback from the good folks of Don Rockwell.  Neither is on the menu yet but the first we're thinking of calling a Peking Beef Roll.  The fla

A&J Rockville and Annandale are both reopening tomorrow!  We offer no contact pick-up/take-out and we accept Venmo for no touch payment. We are so grateful for all the support from the Don Rockwel

Posted Images

On 5/20/2020 at 8:00 PM, gnatharobed said:

Happy Anniversary! We are honored to be your special occasion restaurant. Thank you so much for your support. We are getting ready to sign on with UberEats so you can also have A&J delivered soon. We had too many issues with DoorDash. 

Are you on yet? Was looking for delivery options tonight, and I didn’t see anything. 

We are signed up with UberEats but they are taking so long to load our menus so we can’t start yet. It’s very frustrating.  Sorry for the delay. Rockville has delivery through Chowbus. Annandale has delivery through Hungry Panda.

10 minutes ago, gnatharobed said:

We are signed up with UberEats but they are taking so long to load our menus so we can’t start yet. It’s very frustrating.  Sorry for the delay. Rockville has delivery through Chowbus. Annandale has delivery through Hungry Panda.

Looked at Chowbus...odd app. They’re offering me a 7:30-9:30 delivery window as the only option. Looks like I’m doing take out instead. :) 

Just glad you’re open!

After a false start with DoorDash, A&J Annandale is finally on UberEats!  We just started today.  Rockville UberEats is coming soon.  Thanks for everybody's patience and support.  So grateful for Don Rockwell and the caring community he has created.

• Like 3

A&J is doing great carryout.  Everything is packaged well, soup broth kept separate from the noodles, small buckets for the cucumber, slightly larger for the dry bean curd, cilantro, and peanut salad.  I picked up a big bag of things from A&J Annandale, and had an epic picnic in the backyard of friends.  Bravo!

• Like 1
On 6/3/2020 at 12:12 PM, gnatharobed said:

Both Annandale and Rockville are on Uber Eats now!  We also have a new website.  https://www.aandjrestaurant.com

Big thanks to DanielK for his feedback on the website and to deangold for his help regarding 3rd party delivery services.  We feel so lucky to be a part of the Don Rockwell family!  

The menu looks great. Can you add prices to it, please?

11 minutes ago, Smita Nordwall said:

The menu looks great. Can you add prices to it, please?

We had prices on the website at first but our Irvine, CA location asked us to take the prices down because customers in California were complaining that their prices were higher.  Ridiculous, I know!

• Like 3

Wonderful takeout last night from the Rockville location. To my surprise, the highlight of the meal was the vegetarian delight with rice; served in a carryout container it looked, honestly, bland. But it was really, really delicious. The potstickers were as good as always, the turnip pastry as well, and the beef wraps fell apart a bit on the ride home but were flavorful and fun to eat. We have so many good options for interesting food, and this remains one of the best. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, seanvtaylor said:

Wonderful takeout last night from the Rockville location. To my surprise, the highlight of the meal was the vegetarian delight with rice; served in a carryout container it looked, honestly, bland. But it was really, really delicious. The potstickers were as good as always, the turnip pastry as well, and the beef wraps fell apart a bit on the ride home but were flavorful and fun to eat. We have so many good options for interesting food, and this remains one of the best. 

The veggies on rice is one of my faves.

• Like 1

@captcourt I'm so with you and @mtureck about the cuke salad.  Was back in the area over Christmas time and went to A&J for some of our family's old faves there, including the cucumber salad.  Apparently, there is an A&J in CA somewhere (Irvine, I think)  I'm now in UT and we've discussed driving to the CA location for some of their food.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, smokey said:

@captcourt I'm so with you and @mtureck about the cuke salad.  Was back in the area over Christmas time and went to A&J for some of our family's old faves there, including the cucumber salad.  Apparently, there is an A&J in CA somewhere (Irvine, I think)  I'm now in UT and we've discussed driving to the CA location for some of their food.

Great to see you back here, Smokey!  Any Utah suggestions?  (My son will be out there soon.)

@Marty L. Skimming through posts here, I've been reminded about so much that I liked and miss about this community, including people like you who I got to know!  Let me think about recs for your son.  The sad reality is that while I think the food scene here has improved, it's still not as strong as other places I've lived.  :(  Any idea where he'll be in UT? 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, smokey said:

@Marty L. Skimming through posts here, I've been reminded about so much that I liked and miss about this community, including people like you who I got to know!  Let me think about recs for your son.  The sad reality is that while I think the food scene here has improved, it's still not as strong as other places I've lived.  :(  Any idea where he'll be in UT? 

Near Zion--but probably traveling through the north before that.

On 9/8/2020 at 2:41 AM, smokey said:

I'm now in UT and we've discussed driving to the CA location for some of their food.

smokey, if you do this, you should write gnatharobed (whose family owns A&J) and let her know - I'm certain they (the family) would be beaming over this.

We miss you!

• Like 2
12 hours ago, DonRocks said:

smokey, if you do this, you should write gnatharobed (whose family owns A&J) and let her know - I'm certain they (the family) would be beaming over this.

We miss you!

You mean if smokey actually makes the 1400-mile round trip to grab some potstickers and spicy cukes--only then should she write to Debbie w/her appreciation?  😉