Corduroy Happy Hour, erm, WEEK

DonRocks

Nothing is more hellish than moving cases of wine - just ask Shogun. Starting Sunday, January 27th, Corduroy will be running deep discounts on libations. I'd say "let's do a dr.com Happy Hour," except that it's going to be running all the way until the end of the month. Click HERE! for details.

Should we all pitch in and get a room in the hotel for the entire week? :(

Don,

Will Corduroy be open on the 27th? I thought they were closed on Sundays.

The bar is always open on Sundays; it's the dining room that's usually closed. I have no idea what the situation will be on the 27th, but i'll be there, helping to kick-off the happy week.

The bar is always open on Sundays; it's the dining room that's usually closed. I have no idea what the situation will be on the 27th, but i'll be there, helping to kick-off the happy week.
"When legacy libations run out, Rockwellians are often still thirsty."

If you are there on the 29th and see a table with way, way, too many bottles on it, that will be the DC Crü trying to get their fill of Burgandy. :(

Likewise, I should be there with a rather large group on the 28th, except we will probably be surrounded by different types of bottles than your Cru.... :(

Not if it has anything in it. I'm planning for all mine to be empty :( One thing we've done when faced with wine we just can't finish is to offer it to the staff...that seemed to go over well :(

Yeah, but I'm at a 2-top, and my wife doesn't drink. So it's one bottle and out...

(anyone else dining on the 31st - want to combine reservations for more wine buying power? PM me...)

The 30th works for me... will there still be booze left ? :(
A team of linguists is attempting to determine if the 'special' in special menu means:

1) to use up whatever is leftover in the kitchen, or

2) something so unbelievably good that those who don't get a taste will howl at the injustice.

Meanwhile, another team, these oenological clairvoyants ,are trying to determine how

many bottles are left in the wine cellar, and the labels.

Or I suppose we could just ask. :(

We've got a 5:30 reservation but can really only do justice to a glass or two at most. What time are other folks going to be there?

7:30

If I was your wife, I would. :(

After rolling me out of there on the 31st, she probably SHOULD start drinking.

(not that it matters, but it's because of medication that she can't drink right now - normally she drinks more than I do...)

A team of linguists is attempting to determine if the 'special' in special menu means:

1) to use up whatever is leftover in the kitchen, or

2) something so unbelievably good that those who don't get a taste will howl at the injustice.

Meanwhile, another team, these oenological clairvoyants ,are trying to determine how

many bottles are left in the wine cellar, and the labels.

Or I suppose we could just ask. :(

I was told that Tom Power is planning to move his wine list wines over to his new space. The "by the glass" wines are the ones he is looking to sell out of.

I was told that Tom Power is planning to move his wine list wines over to his new space. The "by the glass" wines are the ones he is looking to sell out of.
Although I am sure he would love to rid himself of all blue curacao and the like, I believe that there are many other spare bottles neither on the list nor sold by the glass that would be a pain to transport.

Get thee to Corduroy. The deals are outrageous! I'm not sure how i'm going to make it through this week!

I will be there Weds night for dinner, but now perhaps this eve for libations as well!

ETA I think I will be there tonight, with my head on the bar, hopefully not crying and singing love hurrrrrrrrrts

These last four days will not be Corduroy as usual. Many staff have already left for other employment, so please be patient. We will have a celebrity server coming to help. Deals on drinks include $3 Smurf Piss $3 Jim Beam and Shafer Hillside Select, 2000 for $120. There will be no deals on beer or vodka as we have none left to sell.

... hilarity ensues. As I expected, the divine Ms. M will be pressed into service (no?).

For a few days, ordering will be discouraged. You will take what's put in front of you, and like it

(probably be good, though). We shall see. A self-service bar? When was the last you saw

that?

(free form speculation based on no facts what-so-ever)

The prices on the wine list are just stupid good. If I had a high enough balance of husband points, I'd be there every night this week. Alas, tonight's extended happy hour, and dinner on Thursday assuming there's something left for Chef to cook, will be my limit.

Great meal at Corduroy tonight, surrounded by fellow Rockweilers. It was a real pleasure to see Ferhat again and to hear how things are going with him. We ordered a real selection off the menu -- perhaps saying goodbye to some of our favorites. We started with the spring rolls, the porcupine, and the lobster salad. I was quite surprised to find myself so in love with the lobster! We also had soup -- I had the potato leek and loved it as much as every soup I've ever had by Chef P. For mains, I was sorely tempted by the baby chicken, which is one of my favorites, but saw someone else getting the scallops and had to have them. I think I made the right decision!!! For dessert, the sabayon and the grape and peach sorbets. All delicious, as usual. Chef Power, we'll be there whenever you reopen!

We ordered a real selection off the menu -- perhaps saying goodbye to some of our favorites. We started with the spring rolls, the porcupine, and the lobster salad.
Chef Power mentioned to me that the menu might not change immediately after the move - maybe to make the adjustment a little smoother? - so you might be able to get some of those things for a time in the new location.

There are some very nice wine deals, and the celeriac soup alone is worth a visit. Best to get there early though - the bar was packed when I left at 7:15.

The pattern has been established: consume many bottles of wine one night, return next night

and complain that wine list has been brutally pillaged.

The 'Smurf Piss' ... basically a Margarita, not bad, if you like that kind of thing. Those who expect the

Hendrick's gin ... I wouldn't get my hopes up, considering the massive quantities consumed Monday night.

Discussion where to get the best 'golden shower': inconclusive (thankfully).

Surprised that Southern Comfort is on the special menu ($3?). The SC drinkers I've known have had

exceptional capacity.

The kitchen continues its excellent work, in spite of the rowdiness of the patrons. No duck egg salad, though.