Meaghan

Tom Sietsema's Reviews

Publications need to constantly sell; this community sticks with the way things are, even when the truth may not be pretty.

• Like 1

Q: The end of Old Town
I don't understand why Urbano 116 even made the dining guide. If you don't recommend it at all, why give it any more play than its review? 

A: Tom Sietsema

My recent spring round-up was *mostly* positive, but I felt obliged to include a few newcomers that had attracted attention for various reasons, Urbano 116 being one of them.  (It's useful to know where NOT to spend your time and money, too, right?) 

I didn't pose the question, btw.  So he includes a restaurant he didn't like in his best new restaurant list because restaurant is owned by a celebrity chef?  Absurd, no?

5 hours ago, Ericandblueboy said:

I didn't pose the question, btw.  So he includes a restaurant he didn't like in his best new restaurant list because restaurant is owned by a celebrity chef?  Absurd, no?

I thought it was weird.

7 hours ago, Ericandblueboy said:

It's not a best new restaurants list. It's a dining guide. He says he focused on 30 newcomers and ranked his ten favorites.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1