You're a Carnivore, He's an Herbivore

hillvalley

A great friend of mine once dated a vegan who did not like the following vegetables: peppers, onions, tomatoes and mushrooms!

For most of their dinners, they went to steak houses where she could get a plain baked potato and he would eat steak and then get preached to about the slaughtering process.

No. They are no longer an item. :mellow:

My ex is a veg-head, but I still cook for him regularly since he works for me and often joins the children and I for dinner. I just make sure I keep the side dishes meat-free, and he skips whatever we're having as the main. I always keep some kind of bean/cheese dish (he doesn't like tofu) as a protein for him.

I just started educating myself a little more about Indian cooking, since it's a great way to get lots of flavour without using meat.

We didn't divorce cause he's a veg-head. :mellow:

When Kay and I had our first date, it was at a jazz club in Chicago where we both worked. She brought along a friend to chaperone. The friend trashed LA all night long. Kay fell asleep. She hated the jazz. She told me she never eats sushi. None of that was a deal breaker. But she did order her burger well done. Later my best friend (female) said to me, "Dean, you can handle it: you hate LA, I hate jazz and you would marry me if I would agree, maybe she was just really tired from work. But do you want to go through life with someone who orders their burgers well done?"

26+ years later, Kay now orders her meats medium rare, eats sushi, loves jazz (although she still falls asleep on me a lot but I think thats from helping run a restaurant on top of a day job!).